Who else has kids that are totally into Minecraft? A year ago, I had no…
Wow, this week has been CRAZY trying to get everything done in time for my bloggy trip! I’m so excited, but my to-do before I leave list is pretty daunting! I couldn’t wait to share with you more from my twins’ party, though, so today I’m showing you how to Make Your Own Minecraft Torch!
If you missed my big Minecraft Birthday Party post, you definitely should check it out! Super fun printables, great food, and the decor totally kicked Creeper butt! One of our table decorations were these awesome Minecraft Torches that I made really quick and easy.
I’m all for themed, fun decorations at a party, but hate spending tons of money or time to pull it off. These torches were really fast to put together, and use really basic things.
- Brown Construction Paper
- Yellow & Orange Tissue Paper
- LED Tea Lights (if want it to really light up)
- Cut four tall rectangles from the cardboard.
- Tape together to form the frame for your torch.
- Cut a square piece to close up at least one end. You CAN do both, if you want, but I didn’t worry about it.
- Cut your brown paper so it will go all the way around the sides of the torch frame PLUS an inch or two above the top (that you closed the end off of).
- Tape the paper around the frame. See how the part that goes above the frame is perfect for keeping in the LED light?
- Take squares of yellow and orange tissue paper and tape them inside the top of the torch and all around.
That’s it! Now you have your Minecraft Torch!
You can attach them to a wall easily, since they’re so light-weight, or place them on your tables. My kiddos think they’re SUPER awesome, especially when we turn the LED light on in the dark!
Check out my other fun Minecraft posts from the party!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…