This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PlanesToTheRescue #CollectiveBias
Who else has kids that are practically obsessed with Disney’s Planes? My boys totally are! To give them a little extra fun this holiday break, and to help keep their anxiousness for Thursday at bay a bit, we decided to have our own Planes Themed Christmas Party and Make a Paper Tree, totally themed around Disney’s Planes Fire & Rescue!
I’d been tossing around the idea of a fun pre-Christmas party for awhile, but when I heard that Walmart has a bunch of Planes items on Rollback, I decided to just go for it! I swung by and grabbed a bunch of items, some Rollback and some not (but still great prices!), and it was like everywhere I looked there were Planes! Of course there were plenty in one of the regular toy aisles.
But Walmart also had a few other displays so we could easily find the Rollback items….
I was so happy, I even found Planes wrapping paper over in the Christmas section! This was PERFECT for our paper trees! I had all the other necessary supplies at home, making it super simple.
How to Make a Paper Tree
- Paper of choice (construction paper, wrapping paper, even printed copy paper)
- Empty Paper Towel Rolls
- Ribbon, Bow, something for the ‘top’
- You’ll need to cut your paper into different sized square-ish shapes. I say ‘ish’ because an exact square isn’t necessary. Take a piece and roll it up so the bottom points. Secure the edge with tape so it stays rolled. Then tape it near the bottom of your paper towel roll. Make sure the bottom touches the ground/table, as this is how it will stand upright. Keep doing this all around the bottom row (you can switch up the colors, I just kept my base black for this one). See how the bottoms touch the table all around, so it makes your ‘tree’ stand up easily on it’s own.
- Keep going with the second row, and working your way up the tree one complete row at a time.
- At the very top, fold the edges over the towel paper roll and tape inside to secure.
- Add a bundle of ribbon, a bow, or whatever you’d like inside the top of the paper tree to finish your tree off.
My boys had a BLAST making their very own trees, and thought it was even better that we could make it Planes themed!
The other parts of our Disney Planes Christmas Party included decorated a ‘kid-sized’ tree to also be Planes themed! We picked out a black tree, then added whites, reds, and oranges as our color scheme. The boys did most the work, and loved every minute of it!
The boys thought it was sort of silly that our trees didn’t have anything underneath them! Little did they know I got quite the haul from Walmart with their special Rollback prices, like the Disney Planes Fire & Rescue Die-Cast Vehicles, 3-Pack Rollback to just $14.97 (shown left in this picture)…..
….and I also made sure to grab some of the (original movie) Planes Character Assortment die-cast sets and the newer Disney Planes: Fire and Rescue Character Assortment die-cast sets, Rollback for just $4.97! There were so many other fun items, too, like the Disney Planes Flight to the Finish Speedway Rollback to only $24.97, or the Disney Planes Fire & Rescue Deluxe Talking Vehicle Assortment Rollback to a mere $19.97!
I’d already wrapped these with our new Planes wrapping paper, and the boys eyes got HUGE when I carried out the gifts and put them under their tree!
I let them open these up as a pre-Christmas thing at the end of our little party, and they were actually REALLY good! They waited patiently, took turns, and even SHARED! I know, shocking, right?!
So run by Walmart and grab some of the fabulous Rollback items to finish off your Christmas shopping! Especially the ones down to $4.97…great stocking stuffers!