Paper Plate Easter Baskets
Who’s ready for this month’s Craft Lightning post? I sure am, and this month the theme is recycled crafts. I wanted something totally customizable, super cute and give it an Easter twist. There were plenty ideas to choose from, but I really wanted to share these Paper Plate Easter Baskets!
Everyone has paper plates around, right? I find uses for them all the time, and mostly it’s not for holding foods! They work perfectly for make this baskets, and you can switch it up to go along with any holiday or occasion…even just for fun! The best part about them is how quick and simple they are to make….just a few minutes from start to finish!
- Round Paper Plate
- Stuff for Inside
- Cut two slits on opposite sides of the plate. Go in until the cuts are past the ‘ruffled rim’ edge.
- Fold along the bottom of the cuts all the way across on both sides, so there’s a crease.
- Fold right along the cuts across, bringing the sides up. Have the little cut ‘side’ folded behind.
- Tape the two sides securely.
- You’re done with your basket! Fill as desired 🙂
I filled mine with some fake grass, then some baskets have Easter Eggs inside.
In others, I put some wax paper and then a bunch of my Dad’s Healthier Cookies. The average cookie is the PERFECT size to fit in a row inside these fabulous baskets!
I also added ribbon on the outsides for a fun little POP of color! Pretty pastels in green and purple just shout SPRING to me! I’m letting my kiddos color the white part of the plates to create their own, unique ones to take to a couple friends because, well, why not?
What would you put in YOUR paper plate basket?
Now don’t forget to go see all of the other amazing recycled crafts joining in this month’s Craft Lightning fun!
More Easter Crafts…
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- What Size is a Bassinet Mattress: Buyers Guide - April 12, 2023
- How to Make Bassinet More Comfortable for Your Child - March 30, 2023
- How to Clean a Halo Bassinet: Easy Tips and Tricks - March 28, 2023