Can I just say something? Heaven has to have chocolate, right? I can't imagine it…
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SipSmarter #CollectiveBias You should consult your physician before consuming Fre if you are pregnant or have any health concerns regarding alcohol.
I love having ladies nights – whether it’s going out on the town or just having some girlfriends over for a chat one evening. Depending on who I’m with, there’s many of my friends who, like me, don’t drink alcohol. Luckily I can whip up a delicious Pomegranate Mocktini & Merlot Brownies for a neat girls’ night treat using Fre Alcohol-Removed Wines!
Anyone who knows me understands my near-obsession with yummy brownies – as long as they’re soft and full of chocolaty goodness! I’d cooked with wine plenty of times, but honestly this is the first time using it in brownies – and I love it! This recipe is one of my new favorites, along with my Gooey Brownie Bars! The Fre Merlot adds a nice under-flavor of cherry and hints of plum.
I also tried a batch with Fre Red Blend, and it was amazing as well!
Ingredients – Brownies
- 1 cup Butter, melted
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 tbsp. Fre Alcohol-Removed Wine in Merlot or Red Blend
- 1 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line a 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy, then mix in the eggs, vanilla and Fre Alcohol-Removed Wine until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredients so it’s mixed well.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 30 minutes.
Ingredients – Frosting
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Fre Alcohol-Removed Wine in Merlot or Red Blend
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- In a small saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a simmer, then remove from the heat. Immediately stir in the chocolate chips, wine and butter and stir until it’s smooth.
- Chill in the fridge about 30 minutes, then frost over the brownies. Enjoy!
To go along with this excellent dessert, let your ladies enjoy this flavorful Pomegranate Mocktini!
- 1 oz. Pomegranate Juice
- Spring of Mint
- 1 oz. Simple Syrup
- 1/2 oz. Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 oz. Fre Alcohol-Removed Wine in Merlot, Red Blend, Chardonnay or other flavor of choice
- 1-2 oz. Club Soda
- Dash of Heavy Cream
- Pour it all together and shake or stir until smooth. Enjoy!
Note: it’s best chilled, so I just make sure the wine and club soda are plenty cold before mixing.
What Mocktail or Mocktini would YOU like to try with Fre Alcohol-Removed Wines?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…