Can I get all my pumpkin-lovers to raise their hands? It's a HUGE thing at…
Let’s give a WOOT WOOT for another super easy breakfast recipe! Yes, I’m a sucker for easy mornings – so naturally I rarely make a breakfast that isn’t simple. BUT it also has to taste great, right?! Luckily this Pumpkin Chai Oatmeal was a hit – especially with pumpkin-loving hubby!
After making this Apple Fritter Oatmeal awhile ago, I was determined to make one specifically for Nerd Dad’s love of all things pumpkin and chai. I’d call it a success with this tasty version! It’s definitely best warm/hot – but in my opinion all oatmeal is. Anyone like it cold? We agreed that topping it with dried cranberries really added to the flavor, so I highly recommend adding some of those in.
- 1/2 cup Chai Tea (already prepared)
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Salt
- 3/4 tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin
- 2-4 cups Oatmeal, prepared as normal
- Raisins, dried cranberries, almonds or cinnamon for topping, as desired
- In a small saucepan, mix the Chai tea, almond milk, vanilla and salt to a simmer over medium heat. When heated well, mix in the maple syrup and pumpkin.
- Mix your pumpkin chai mixture into your prepared oatmeal, top as desired, and enjoy!
See, really easy and quick to make for a better morning. Plus, oatmeal is a filling breakfast, so you won’t be hungry as early – score! Hubby wants to try the pumpkin chai syrup in a drink recipe next – so stay tuned either here or on his blog for that delish drink! Yes, he cooks and creates yummy foods just as often as I do – one of the MANY reasons I’m crazy about that nerdy man!
Other tasty breakfast recipes…
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…