Pumpkin Dessert Cake
While I was away at SNAP! Conference last weekend, Hubby was amazing watching over the kids. With 4 little ones, though, it’s not easy! Luckily, our sweet neighbor took Wonder Woman to and from school each day, so that was one less thing he had to stress about with all the rug-rats. As a ‘thank you’ to our neighbor, we made a delicious treat to take over: Pumpkin Dessert Cake!
If you remember a LONG time ago when I shared Hubby’s absolute favorite thing, Pumpkin Dessert, this is very similar….but with some changes. That version is much like pumpkin pie, with a very thick and creamy center. We wanted it to be a bit more cake-like, with some fun textures and flavor mixtures in it. This Pumpkin Dessert Cake does NOT disappoint…so creamy-yet-crumbly, full of flavor, and totally satisfying!
Makes TWO 9×13 Cakes
- 3 Yellow Cake Mixes
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. Butter, softened slightly (more or less based on your preference)
- 1 can Libby’s Pumpkin (large can, and make sure it’s just Pumpkin, not Pumpkin Pie)
- 2 12-oz. cans Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups Sugar
- 6 large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray TWO 13×9 baking pans, set aside.
- Use a fork, pastry blender or potato masher to ‘smoosh’ the Butter and Cake Mixes until crumbly but mixed. Press 1/4 of the mixture onto the bottom of each baking pan (so you’ll use 1/2 the mixture). Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until barely starting to brown.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a separate large bowl until smooth and creamy. Pour over the crusts. Sprinkle the remaining crumble cake mixture over the top of each pan.
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes, or until the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Allow to cool, then serve warm or cool/cold. Top with whipped topping, if desired!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Natural Laxatives for Kids: Gentle Constipation Relief - August 31, 2023
- Boost Milk Supply with Tasty Lactation Smoothie Recipes - August 24, 2023
- The Top 5 Foods to Eat While Breastfeeding - August 23, 2023