I know it can be super frustrating finding easy-yet-thoughtful friend and neighbor gifts. The Christmas…
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealMagic #CollectiveBias
I love how giving everyone is during the holidays. I know it should be this way all year long, but realistically people are just more thoughtful and caring for others around Christmas. They want to do more to help those who may be needing some extra support, or even just need a little extra smile! Our family is trying very hard to focus on the GIVING this season instead of the receiving, and have ‘adopted’ a few families nearby who have had a rough time lately. One of the things we’re doing to share a smile is with this fabulous Real Magic Holiday Gift Basket!
I’ve been mentioning a lot lately how much help and love my family has received over the years, so it’s very important for us to pay it forward for others. We especially want to instill in our kids how truly wonderful it is to give to someone else. They’ve really gotten into the giving spirit, and it’s been a lot of fun for our family as we’re planning things for our ‘families’. Seeing my kids eager to do something for someone else, even if it means less for them, has really been a blessing!
I was able to find all of the supplies I needed for this gift basket at Walmart, and was able to stick to my color scheme to go along with the classic Coca-Cola glass bottles I used for my ‘focal point’. The red, black, silver and white looked AMAZING! Kind of a twist on the typical red and green. The cardboard carrier for the bottles is even all Christmas themed, with Santa and everything; totally perfect!
Note: you don’t have to use EXACTLY what I did for your own Real Magic basket. Mix it up so it’s really what will make those receiving it smile!
- 6-pack Coca-Cola glass bottles
- Basket of choice
- Colored Straws
- Tinsel, Garland, Mini Bows, Ribbon, Accent decor, etc.
- Tissue Paper
- Holiday plate (or other fun holiday gift for a backdrop piece)
- Treats and goodies (I wrapped mine in sparkly tulle to look like a snowman pouch)
- Gift Cards
- May need scissors or tape
- Gift Tags – Free Printables below
- Weave some tinsel and/or ribbon all around your basket. I went around twice so it was really ‘sparkly’.
- The plate I found (on sale for $1!) wouldn’t stand up straight, so it looked kind of funny. If you have this problem, you can cut a slit in the back of the Coca-Cola carrier and slide it in. This helped it stand up straight and pretty for my ‘backdrop’.
- I stuck in a silver accent piece for some fun dimension and some red and black striped straws for enjoying their Coca-Cola drinks.
- One the sides I put some white tissue paper to hold things up, and placed my goodies (the ones wrapped in tulle to look like snowman pouches) on each side. I place some gift cards between some tissue paper so it showed, but wouldn’t fall out of the basket.
- To add a bit to the bottles, I just wrapped a piece of ribbon near the tops.
- Now stick in a few mini bowls for accent! All that’s left now is attaching a pretty holiday tag! Here’s some free ones you can enjoy….
My kids are so excited to leave this on our ‘family’s’ porch! I did make sure to share a smile with my own kiddos and got some Coca-Cola bottles with straws for them, as well. They started calling it ‘the Santa drink’ because it has Santa on the package. Super cute!
That led us into the talk about how Santa’s always making everyone else’s holidays magical. But he does have some wishes of his own. No, he doesn’t want a new suit or sleigh, and is fine without some Lego’s. All he wants is for us to make someone happy. This time of year is full of magic, if you just know where to look. We can help Santa make a little more of that magic happen all around by sharing some simple ideas for bringing an extra sparkle to someone’s season. Coca-Cola wants YOU to share the magic by Tweeting or Instagramming a photo of how you’re making the holidays more magical with the hashtag #RealMagic. When you do this, you’ll get a special thank you smile in return plus you can earn extra rewards by sharing videos and photos from the My Coke Rewards website!
There’s so much good you can do with Coke Rewards, too…such as check it out their website and entering for your chance to win $50,000 PLUS a chance to tell them where to donate an extra $10,000! You can also win some neat prizes during the Twitter Party happening on Dec. 9th from 3-4pm EST with the #RealMagic hashtag. Don’t forget to check out even more fun by seeing Coke Rewards on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…