Guys, seriously, thank you SO MUCH for your patience while we're working out all the…
Summer is a great time for camping – whether with family or an annual scout camp. As part of this month’s Craft Lightning, the theme is SCOUT CRAFTS – and remember, they need to be fast! Well, this super easy Scout Drum is definitely fast – you can put several together in hardly any time at all. The best part? You can use just a few random supplies, then you’ve got a bunch of different sounding drums – so go start up the band!
This post contains affiliate links that help support this blog at no extra cost to you. See our disclosure for more info.
Okay, this may seem like a cheater craft because it’s seriously THAT easy. But when you’re at scout camp (or camping with family, whichever) and don’t have tons of fancy supplies, you get creative and work with what you have!
- Cups or cans
- Sandwich or Gallon baggies
- Tape (preferably strong like duck tape)
- Scissors (I use these for easily cutting duck tape)
- Remove the zipper side of the baggies.
- Use tape to SECURELY flatten the baggie material over the opening. You can just do a single strip of tape in a line, or wind it down for some decoration.
- You can cut it into a circle, then use only 1 layer if you want. Try with different widths and sizes of cups/cans for different sounds!
That’s it! See, I told you it was about as easy as can be, right? My kids are really enjoying the slightly different sounds each drum makes. Guess it works for learning as well as fun!
Check out more Scout Crafts at this month’s Craft Lightning!
Past Craft Lightning Projects
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…