Sinful Steamed Pudding
Note: if you don’t like talking about ‘that time of the month’, skip to the bottom to find the recipe. Otherwise, let me tell you the story of how I managed upon this AMAZING Sinful Steamed Pudding!
Two weeks ago was my ‘girly’ week of the month. Not going to sugar coat it, but it sucked. I texted my WONDERFUL friend Amy and was like “I’m cramping like a beast and think I may kill something if I don’t do a chocolate binge”. That’s word-for-word what I said! She was a saving angel because she not only gave me this recipe that became my addiction for the entire weekend, but also lent me her pan so I could make it ASAP! Yup, she rocks!
This Steamed Pudding is seriously sinful….but in a ‘just one more bowl full’ type of way! You know how my hubby doesn’t like most chocolate? He LOVED this. And I don’t mean we ate it all up in one night…well, we did…but we made it THREE times that weekend! And no, we didn’t share any with the kids, we ate every last bit ourselves. We’re selfish like that I guess (but I did make the kids their favorite cookies, so I’m not a total mommy failure, right?!).
Notes: You need to have a fluted pan, or borrow one. Something small enough to go into a pot, and with a lid.
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 6 Rounded Tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Spray your fluted pan VERY WELL all around the inside.
- In a bowl, cream the Butter and Sugar, then mix in the Eggs.
- Mix the Flour, Salt, Baking Powder and Cocoa in a separate bowl, then add to the butter mixture along with the Milk and Vanilla. Pour the mixture into the fluted pan.
- In a large pot (big enough to fit your fluted pan) bring about 1 1/2 inches of water to a boil over medium heat. Place your pan CAREFULLY into the pot with the lid on.
- Cook for about 30-35 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn cake-like. It’s suppose to be gooey in the inside, and slightly cakey on the outside.
- Serve warm or cold, alone or with a topping such as whipped cream or ice cream.
Notes: It’s also FABULOUS as a pudding dip for fruit, such as strawberries. Yumm-o!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…