This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
I love easy meals, don’t you? I especially love them when it’s cold or stormy outside, like it is this week in Texas. TONS of rain and thunderstorms! Nothing says ‘comfort food’ to me than a nice soup in a yummy bread bowl. To warm us up, why not a Slow Cooker Enchilada Soup?
While my hubby loves his food more on the spicy side, my kids tend to prefer it mild – this recipe is super easy to switch based on tastes. Just choose mild, medium, hot or even find a super hot if that’s your thing!
Grab all the needed ingredients quickly at Walmart, including some delicious bread bowls from their bakery. Don’t miss out on the perfect ConAgra products such as the Hunt’s diced tomatoes and Rosarita refried beans to make this simple recipe! They help save you time – so you can get other things done, or have more time to curl up in a fluffy blanket on a rainy day!
- 2-3 lbs. Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless – diced
- Two 15.5 oz. cans Pinto or Black beans
- 1 small can Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 28 oz. can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 28 oz. can Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes
- 1 can Rosarita Refried Beans
- 12-24 oz. Frozen Whole Kernel Corn
- 12 oz. Chicken Broth
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- Bread Bowls
- Put all of the ingredients, EXCEPT the bread bowls and refried beans, into your large slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours (make sure chicken is cooked through).
- Use a spatula to spread the refried beans inside the bread bowls, so it’s lining it. Scoop the soup into the bowl and enjoy!
Save yourself some time peeling large garlic cloves with this awesome kitchen hack – take a bulb of fresh garlic and break it up just a bit (like at the top pointy part). Place between two metal bowls and shake aggressively a minute. Your individual garlic pieces should be nice and divided from that annoying, flaky outside layer.
Check out these other great cold weather recipes here: Yes You Can Recipes!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…