Sticky Finger Casserole
When we first started dating, my hubby was definitely the main cook in the relationship. One of the dishes he LOVED to make included an amazing, spicy-yet-sweet sauce for chicken, that we’ve since included in many different recipes. We decided to put it to the test with this Sticky Finger Casserole, and it was a huge hit! This easy recipe is super delicious, and would be perfect for a party or get-together.
One variation we did was the Spicy Jerk Chicken recipe we shared a couple years ago. It’s amazing, especially served with rice. For this one, we wanted to try it with pasta instead – and loved the combination of the spicy sauce, chicken, pasta and Alfredo! Now this has us thinking of plenty more recipes we can switch it up with 🙂
- 1 Box Penne Pasta
- 16 oz. Alfredo Sauce
- 3/4 – 1 cup Green Onions, diced
- 1 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded – plus some for topping
- 6 Medium-Sized Chicken Tenders, breaded
- 1 Jar (23 oz.) Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 3 cups Brown Sugar, packed
Note: if your chicken tenders aren’t already breaded, just dip them in some eggs, then flour to coat and bake as directed.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, bake the chicken tenders on a sprayed baking sheet until cooked through (about 30 minutes at 375 Degrees F.)
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, Alfredo, green onions, tomatoes and 1 cup cheese until well-mixed. Spread into a sprayed 9×13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. In a saucepan, heat the hot sauce and brown sugar, stirring often, over medium-high heat until sugar is fully dissolved. Using tongs, dip the chicken tenders in the sauce to coat well, allow to drip a moment, then place chicken on top of casserole. Repeat with all tenders.
- Sprinkle some more cheese over top, then place in oven and cook just until cheese is melted and casserole is warm throughout – about 15-30 minutes, depending on how freshly done the pasta and chicken was. Serve with more hot sauce mixture, if desiring more spicy!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…