Super Easy Santa Bag
Yes, it’s Christmas in July, folks! This week is FULL of Christmas-themed crafts, gifts, decor and food (chocolate included!), and I’m talking 2-3 shared PER DAY this week, so be sure you’re checking back often. Tonight I’m sharing this adorable and Super Easy Santa Bag!
I love the holidays, and Christmas is by far my favorite….so it just makes sense that I try to get ahead of the game by doing some of my crafting and decor during the summer. That way I can enjoy the holiday time more with my family! That’s the goal, anyway 🙂 I love how ridiculously simple this Santa Bag craft is, and it uses supplies that most people have on-hand! Score!
- Brown Paper Bags
- Red Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- White or Silver Cardstock (buckle)
- Ribbon for handle (you pick the color)
- Sparkly Ribbon
- Velcro, if desired
- Scissors, tape, glue
- Since most brown paper bags are really tall, cut off a bit on the top to shorten it to your desired height. Fold over your top flap…roughly 1-2 inches. Cut a piece of red cardstock to fit the entire flat back of the paper bag. Attach it with tape or glue.
- Cut a piece of red cardstock to fit on the front flat side of the bag, up to the crease beneath the flap. Attach with tape or glue. Cut out a black strip of cardstock for the belt, and make the buckle from white or silver cardstock. Attach with tape or glue. Add some black circle buttons down the front, including one on the flap.
- I used some velcro dots (cut in half…didn’t need a large circle) for keeping the flap folded over. I even put half inside the back to help it stay closed and nicely flat.
- Tape your sparkly ribbon across the very top flap, folding it over the sides to attach it. Attach your ribbon of choice for the handle…..and you’re done!
See, is that ‘super easy’ or what?! Especially with the holiday craziness, quick and simple (and budget-friendly) crafts are definitely ideal!
Stay tuned all this week for 2-3 Christmas in July posts every day! Lots of holiday crafts, food and decor….get some ideas to get a head start on your Christmas planning!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- How to Clean a Halo Bassinet: Easy Tips and Tricks - March 28, 2023
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles - March 18, 2023
- 100+ DIY Harry Potter Ideas - March 16, 2023