This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Guys, seriously, thank you SO MUCH for your patience while we’re working out all the kinks on our new site/design. I know I’m not posting as regularly, but promise there’s lots of fun to come…such as these Super Quick Beignets!
So Saturday morning’s can get a bit CRAZY here. For one, Hubby and I usual stay up into the wee hours of the morning catching up on work, projects, cleaning, dishes, etc. So Saturday’s are nice to sleep in, unless we have to run get our co-op produce basket at a bright and early 7am. Regardless, it’s hard to get going, especially with breakfast. Muffins are a frequent fix for us, but after trying out these Super Quick Beignets, that were a huge hit and ultra easy, I think these are going to give muffins a run for their money onto our breakfast menu!
- 2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls (or biscuits, doesn’t matter)
- 1 Quart Vegetable or Olive Oil (for frying)
- Powdered Sugar and/or Honey
- Heat the Oil in a large pot (or fryer, if you have one). I just used our big pasta pot, which worked fine.
- Roll out the refrigerated roll dough into strips, cutting in about 1″ squares.
- When the oil is hot, CAREFULLY put dough squares into the oil and allow it to fry until a golden brown. This only took 1-3 minutes for us, depending on the size of the piece.
- CAREFULLY remove and place on a paper towel so some of the oil dabs off.
- Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar and/or Honey. Enjoy warm!
Notes: PLEASE be careful with the hot oil….it splashes easily, so make extra care to keep kids and pets away from the ‘splash’ zone!