Yes another banana bread type recipe but this is different. This Banana Chocolate Chip Cake is more cake like, has a little bit different flavor and you don’t need mixers, several bowls, and a million measuring spoons. It’s simple, quick, and tastes amazing.
With this recipe you should be able to eye ball everything or just use one 1 cup measurer and one 1 tsp. measurer, this way you should only have 4 – 5 dishes to wash; pan, spoon to stir, knife, 1 cup measurer, 1 tsp. measurer. Or if you have to measure everything you can and you can mix this with a hand mixer, but those of you with kids and need something quiet this recipe will be perfect, no loud mixers going. This recipe doesn’t have to be exact on everything, I added more cinnamon and it tasted fine just don’t go overboard on the measurements. Also don’t over-cook the cake, I left mine in a little too long and while it didn’t ruin it it did make it a little dry, pull the cake out when it starts to pull away from the edges.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional: you can add your favorite nut like walnuts or pecans, about ½ cup if you do but I left them out.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Get butter and cut into a few pieces and place in a 9 inch round cake pan then place in the oven to melt the butter.
- When the butter is melted take it out of the oven and mix in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Make sure the mixture isn’t too hot, then add in the egg and mix in.
- Slice banana into the baking pan and add in the cinnamon. Mash the banana into the mixture.
- Stir in half the flour with all the baking soda and salt until combined then add remaining flour until completely mixed.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scrape down sides and spread batter evenly in pan.
- Place your cake into the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown or passes the toothpick test like a normal cake.
- You can serve warm or cold, with cool whip, banana slices, chocolate syrup, ice cream, or anything you like bananas with.