What’s better than free? Free, easy, and adorable! This ZERO COST Headband for your little one is all three.
I’m Lynn, and I’m a busy mom just like you. And I’m on a budget. So…I like to save time and money. I love little projects like this headband that are quick and inexpensive, but still give me the cute look I’m after for my kiddos or my home. I have fun sharing those ideas here and at Riggstown Road!
Now that winter is winding down, you might just be cleaning out your closets and drawers, weeding out those winter necessities and making room for spring wardrobes. You probably have some winter tights or stockings that your little girl wore for the winter that she won’t be able to wear next year, or even some of your own that you are no longer using. Instead of trashing them, turn ’em into some adorable headbands for your little ones.
All you need are a pair of clean, stretchy tights or stockings, whatever embellishments you happen to have on hand, some scissors, and your handy-dandy hot glue gun. I had these cute flowers in my craft stash, saved from a gorgeously-wrapped gift someone gave us. (They were part of the wrapping.)
- hot glue gun & glue
- Cut one leg off the stockings.
- Cut the leg open.
- Cut the open leg of the stocking in half, then in half again.
- Take one of the four pieces, and roll it.
- Measure according to your child’s head, and trim some off if necessary.
- Form a circle, and insert one end of the roll into the other end, like in the pic above.
- Secure with hot glue on the inside, inconspicuously.
- Add your flowers or other embellishments with hot glue.
Just let the glue dry and you’re done!
All you need now is a sweet little model like this one. 😉
Be sure to check out these other money-saving tips and freebies!