Make Grilled Teriyaki Beef Kabobs with peppers and onions for a deliciously flavorful meal the whole family will love – you can even divide and freeze part!
Grilled Teriyaki Beef Kabobs
Teriyaki Beef Kabobs
- 4 pounds boneless round steak cut into cubes
- 2 large green peppers
- 1 large vidalia onion
- bamboo skewers soaked in water
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for the grill
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped
- Whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, water, vegetable oil, ginger and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a resealable container, add the vegetables and 1/2 cup of the marinade mixture. Toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the kabobs.
- Add the beef cubes to the remaining marinade and toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Marinate beef in refrigerator for 4-24 hours. (The longer it marinates, the more flavorful it will be).
- Remove beef from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess liquid. Discard marinade. Repeat with the vegetables.
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto the skewers. Lightly salt and pepper if desired.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook the kabobs on preheated grill until the beef is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side to cook evenly. Remove from the heat and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Love grilling? Me too! Check out these great grilled recipe collections: