My family absolutely loves serving up soups, stews and other delish recipes in bread bowls, especially when we can whip up our own in hardly any time at all! These Easy Homemade Bread Bowls are so simple to make, and taste amazing!
One thing I learned in my years shadowing my parents at their pizza store when I was little, was how to do dough balls perfectly with little effort. I thought I’d share that little tip with y’all!
Note: Makes 8-12 bread bowls
- 2 tbsp. Yeast (rapid rise)
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 3/4 tbsp. Salt
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4-5 cups Flour
- In a mixer, add the yeast, sugar, salt, hot water and olive oil. Mix about 8 minutes. Gradually add in the flour until it’s not really sticky anymore. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to double in size – takes about 30 minutes for me.
- When ready, grease 2 baking sheets and sprinkle with cornmeal (prevents sticking or burning on the bottom of the bread bowls).
- Like the movie shows above, form the dough into 8-12 tennis ball sized balls and place on the baking sheets NOT touching. Allow them to rise about 30 more minutes.
- When ready, bake at 400 Degrees F for about 18 minutes, or until they’re golden brown.
- To serve, slice off the tops, remove the insides, and serve with something delicious (or themselves!)
We’re love these bread bowls, and the kids are always asking if I’ll make some more! One of our boys can eat two or THREE in one meal…..yup, they’re just that delish!