With very few ingredients you can make your own Homemade Butterfingers and not even know that they’re homemade.
So Nikki here letting you know I was completely skeptical about homemade candy bars until I actually made this post. I love candy bars and butterfingers are probably in my top five favorites. I don’t however like candy corn, I think it’s chalky and gross so when the recipe said candy corn I didn’t jump at the opportunity to make these and regret that now. This recipe has only a few ingredients and is very simple to make. Now that I’ve tried this candy bar recipe I need to go try all the others, maybe Reese’s next?
- 1 ½ cups candy corn
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 14 oz chocolate almond bark or dipping chocolate
- Line a 9 x 9 dish with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place candy corn in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute.
- Stir candy corn and then cook for additional 30 second increments until melted. Won’t become super runny or smooth but get it melted. Also be careful handling the bowl it will be hot!
- After candy corn is melted stir in peanut butter. Time for a workout, it isn’t real hard to stir but harder than stirring a batch of cookies so get a good spoon or rubber scraper and be patient, I had to stir for a full 5 minutes before it came together. Also don’t worry if a little sticks to the sides.
- Press mixture evenly into your 9×9 pan and place in fridge for about an hour.
- Just before you pull out your bars place baking chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and cook on high in 30 second increments until melted, stirring between each set.
- Take out your pan and cut the butterfingers into bars or bite size pieces.
- Get a cookie sheet and line with parchment paper
- Place each piece of Butterfinger into the chocolate and evenly coat letting excess drip off.
- Place on parchment paper and let dry either in the fridge or you can leave them out.