Getting kids to eat healthy is a challenging task, but you can make it easy by preparing healthy lunches that they will grow to love. Kids play around all day long and you need to make sure that they all the nutrients that they need to keep their energy levels high, here is where I come in. Today I am going to share with you my top NUMBER favorite healthy lunches that your kids will not only love, but they will ask for them every day.
#1 Chicken Taco Salad
The difficult part about preparing healthy lunches for kids is to get them excited about it. Fortunately, there are many delicious recipes that will leave them in awe and the Chicken Taco Salad is one of them. This is a crunchy salad that has enough nutrients to help your kids grow big and strong.
- ¼ tsp olive oil;
- 2 tbsp low-fat sourced cream;
- 1 Baby Gem lettuce (shredded);
- 50g sweetcorn (drained);
- 5 cherry tomatoes (halved);
- 75g cooked BBQ chicken;
- Juice 1 lime;
- ½ small avocado (peeled and chopped);
- 1 corn taco shell (broken into pieces).
- Create the dressing by combining the oil, soured cream and vinegar. Make sure to keep the dressing in the fridge.
- Place the chicken, sweetcorn, lettuce and tomatoes in a lunchbox. Stir the lime juice into the avocado and put it on the top of the ingredients.
- All that is left to do is to scatter the taco pieces and enjoy the meal.
#2 PB&J Apples
Kids go crazy about PB&J and you can be sure that they will love this PB&J Apple recipe. The bread is what makes the traditional recipe not very healthy and by replacing it with fresh apples, the energy level of your kids will be through the roof.
- 2 fresh apples;
- ¼ c. peanut butter;
- ¼ c. jelly.
- Slice the apples into ¼ rounds. You can use a cookie cutter to get the seeds and the core out.
- Spread peanut butter on the jelly and then cover the slices just like you would with a regular sandwich.
- Enjoy the delicious meal.
#3 Cauliflower Grilled Cheese
Even though kids might be not that excited about cauliflower, I guarantee that they will fall in love with it after they try the famous Cauliflower Grilled Cheese recipe. Check out the instructions below.
- 1 head cauliflower, (to make about 4 cups processed cauliflower);
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten;
- 1/2 c. finely grated Parmesan;
- 1/2 tsp. oregano;
- 1 1/2 c. shredded white Cheddar.
- Slice the cauliflower into florets. Now, process the florets in a food processor to make the texture look like rice. You can also grate the cauliflower.
- Use a bowl to combine the processed or grated cauliflower with eggs, oregano and parmesan. Make sure to mix the ingredients until they are combined well and then use salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet at medium heat, spray it with cooking spray and then scoop the mixture into a small patty. Do the same for the second patty.
- Next, press down on the two pieces with a spatula and wait until thy cooked golden underneath. This usually takes about five minutes. Now, flip over the patties and press them for three minutes.
- The last step is to top one of the patties with cheese and then place the other one on top, just like a sandwich. Now cook the cauliflower “sandwich” until the cheese is melted. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients.