To be honest, I’d almost rather this than normal pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving! If you’re wondering about the name….we try to use extremely kid-friendly words and names, and avoid any words that we don’t want to have to explain to our little ones just yet. So in our home, instead of what most people use when ‘better than….’ we use Disneyland. That’s one of our absolute favorite things, so if something’s better than Disneyland, you know it has to be fantastic! (at the moment, I’m wishing I were at Disneyland, though!)
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup Walnuts or Pecans, chopped
- 8 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 3 cups Whipped topping, divided
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 2 pkgs. Vanilla instant pudding mix, 5 1/4 oz. size (Thank you Ann for pointing this out!)
- 2 cups Pumpkin, canned
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the flour, butter and 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans together. Press into a sprayed 8×8 cake pan. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- Blend cream cheese and powdered sugar, then add 1 cup of the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust.
- Mix milk, pudding mix, canned pumpkin, pumpkin spice and 1 cup whipped topping until smooth. Spread over the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining 1 cup of whipped topping and 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans.
- Chill for 3 hours or until set.
Notes: Instead of just spraying the pan, I lined it with aluminum foil so I could remove it and keep the edges nice. We tried this both refrigerated and frozen, but all of us preferred the creamy refrigerated version.