I’m a sucker for a delish pudding cookie. Seriously – if we have any in the house, they don’t last long, much to the dismay of my ‘less sweets’ goal! They’re really easy to switch up with new flavors, so after Santa brought us a LOT of chocolate oranges in our stockings for Christmas, Hubby thought we should try adding those to cookies. Genius! These Chocolate Orange Cookies are super simple to make, and have the perfect amount of amazing flavor in every bite!
For those that follow this blog regularly, you probably heard that Hubby doesn’t like most chocolate. Weird, I know, but hey – more for me. He LOVES chocolate oranges, though – to the point that he jokes about cancelling Christmas if he doesn’t get any chocolate oranges. Needless to say, I make certain that Santa doesn’t forget any in his stocking!
You can whip up these yummy pudding cookies super fast – and it’s so nice to make an extra big batch then freeze the extras. Whenever you have a cookie craving, just nab one out of the freezer bag and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 sticks Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Small Package INSTANT Vanilla Pudding (3.4 oz)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 Chocolate Orange, crushed into bits
Note: makes about 32 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line a couple baking sheets, then set aside.
- Use a fork (or mixer) to ‘smoosh’ the Butter, both Sugars and Pudding together well. Add the Eggs and Vanilla, mix until combined. Then add the Flour and Baking Soda, mix until well combined. Stir in the Chocolate Orange bits.
- Scoop the cookie dough into 1″ balls and place onto the prepared baking sheets. Slightly press down.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until barely starting to brown on the edges. Remove, and ENJOY!!!
These moist treats and a hit with the whole family! Next year I plan to buy extra chocolate oranges early so I can whip up a few batches of the pudding cookies and give as gifts – the perfect festive dessert to please everyone!