This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareSmiles #CollectiveBias
Since our year with Cat Woman is coming to a close, we wanted to something special to celebrate our time with her. Since her favorite drink is Coca-Cola, I decided it’d be great to Share a Coke Recipe – plus recycle some of the bottles for a fun cake display!
For those that don’t know, Cat Woman is our exchange student that we’ve been able to include in our family since last August. With the school year ending, she goes back home to Thailand in just a few weeks! We’re going to miss her like crazy, but glad she’ll get to see her home again. It’s been such a fun year with her, so our little family party was themed after her favorite Coca-Cola! And chocolate cake, of course!
Be sure to grab some Coca-Cola at Brookshire’s, looking for either some names of your guests or friends, or some phrases such as our BFF! It’s more fun when you Share a Coke, so grab plenty! Keep an eye on Brookshire’s Facebook page for a chances to win yourpoints, offers, fun and conversation.
First, let’s get the baking out of the way – then we can quickly put together the fun cake stand!
Ingredients – Cake
- Box Cake Mix of choice (dark – so chocolate)
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
Directions – Cake
- Preheat oven according to box mix directions. Spray a round baking pan, set aside.
- In a bowl, whip the mix and the Coca-Cola until smooth. Pour into the pan and bake according to the package directions.
Ingredients – Frosting
- 1/4 cup Baking Cocoa
- 6 tbsp. Coca-Cola
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter
- 3 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar (plus more if wanting more firm)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- In a little saucepan, mix the cocoa, Coca-Cola and butter over medium heat until it reaches a boil and the butter is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the powdered sugar until smooth, then add in the vanilla. Allow to cool completely before using. If you want your frosting more firm, add more powdered sugar.
Now let’s work on that cake stand!
- 2-liter Coca-Cola Bottle, emptied and dried
- Black Spray Paint
- Ribbon of choice
- Hot glue
- Foam circles of choice
- Spiral centerpiece for decoration, if desired
- Spray your 2-liter and allow it to dry, then cut off the top part.
- Add a piece of ribbon around the middle for some cute decoration, then hot glue the top rim of the 2-liter to the bottom of your foam circle stack (I stapled 3 pieces together). NOTE: if you want it VERY sturdy, such as for cupcakes, then add a piece of cardboard or two in the middle of your foam pieces.
- Place your finished cake on top, decorate as desired, and top it off with a fun paper spiral (with coke lid glued in the center) if you’d like!