This delicious Strawberry Breakfast Parfait will get your day started off on the right foot! It’s loaded with healthy and delicious ingredients!
Mornings are a blur of activity for me with getting the kids fed, dressed, combed, etc – not to mention packing lunches and making sure homework gets into the right school bag and what not. So that’s why most days I don’t actually have breakfast until the kids are off at school. With the house quiet, it’s nice to sit down after all that chaos and just enjoy my breakfast while I get ready to work. This Strawberry Breakfast Parfait tastes like dessert, but is full of healthy ingredients.
I love making a big batch of homemade granola and keeping it on hand for lots of recipes, including this one. Get the recipe for my homemade granola here.
Of course, if you’re not a big fan of strawberries, you could substitute any other fruit, or combination or fruits you like. In the summer, in season berries are delicious. Kiwi and banana are a great combination, too!
Strawberry Breakfast Parfait
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and sliced
- Optional additional ingredients: wheat germ honey
- In a pint sized mason jar, layer half of the ingredients, starting with the yogurt, followed by granola and top with strawberries. Repeat with the remaining half.
- If desired, sprinkle the top with wheat germ and a drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately.
I just love this versatile recipe… if you can even call it that – it’s just so simple! If you’re looking to add a bit more nutrition, consider topping your parfait with a teaspoon of wheat germ, ground flax seeds, or chia seeds. A drizzle of honey is always a nice addition, too.
This actually makes a great dessert for the kids, as well. Add a dollop of homemade whipped cream to the top and you’ve got a dreamy treat! Get the recipe for homemade whipped cream here.
Whether you choose to have it for breakfast or dessert, you’re going to love this simple but delicious recipe!
It is summer time and summer time means parties, bbq’s, and get togethers with lots of food and fun. With all these parties don’t forget the jello salad so here’s a simple but delicious recipe for The Best Strawberry Banana Jello Salad recipe to help you have a great party.
On our recent visit to Utah to see our families, my sister Nikki (who’s a contributor here, so the name probably sounds familiar) made the most ridiculously yummy jello salad I’ve ever had. I couldn’t help have seconds….and then thirds, and so forth! It has fruit in it so it’s healthy, right? Let’s just pretend 😉
She said it was super easy to make, too, which makes it a 100% winner in my book! I begged her to post this – so here it is in all it’s delicious, creamy glory!
- 12 oz whipped topping
- 1 small package cheesecake pudding
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 3 bananas
- 18 oz strawberry yogurt (with or without strawberry chunks, I like without because Ill be adding in strawberries)
- 1 bag mini marshmallows
- Thaw the whipped topping, it is best to put it in the fridge over night so it stays nice and fluffy.
- In a bowl combine the yogurt, cheesecake pudding, and whipped topping.
- Place in the fridge till ready to serve or an hour to set up.
- Close to serving time slice the bananas and strawberries and mix in.
- Lastly put some marshmallows in, I usually use 3/4 a bag but you can add however much you want.
- With this recipe you can replace the fruit with different fruits that you enjoy like blueberries, raspberries, cherries, etc.
I’m planning on whipping up this dish for any summer get-together we have in the next few months because I know it’ll be a HUGE hit – and I want any excuse to make it!