November is the month for everything pumpkin and I tried some fun recipes one of which is Pumpkin Bars that turned out to be a super moist, melt in your mouth dessert that everyone in my family asked for seconds and thirds on. Pumpkin Bars are a sweet blend of pumpkin, cinnamon, and a cake like texture, topped with rich cream cheese frosting and is simple to add impressive but quick decorations to.
I know I said that my Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread was amazing but these Pumpkin Bars are a whole new kind of amazing. The bread was great and worked perfectly for a quick breakfast and such but the Pumpkin Bars are an amazing dessert to impress even the pickiest eaters.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 15 – oz. can of pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Cream cheese frosting
- 8 – oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin in a mixer.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 18” x 12” jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and the bars start to pull away from the edges of the pan.
- When the Pumpkin Bars are cooled make the cream cheese frosting.
- Mix all cream cheese frosting ingredients except the powdered sugar well.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Spread onto cooled pumpkin bars.
- To make a cool design dump some cinnamon onto a plate.
- Get any cookie cutter, preferably small, and dip into the cinnamon.
- Gently press cookie cutter into the pumpkin bars to make a design.
These Pumpkin Bars were amazing but did take a little work but don’t let that scare you away trust me, I’m working on a post with pies and wow, those are hard. This recipe is a little long but completely worth it and the steps are pretty easy just mainly mixing. I hope this recipe helps out with all your holiday plans and adventures.