The Dad Card
Guys, I’m super excited to share today’s Father’s Day craft with you – The Dad Card. You know how people say ‘man card’ or they’re going to ‘pull the parent card’? This means they get to trump a decision, or get the final say. Give Dad his very own ‘Dad Card’ so he gets priority for decisions on his special day! The best part – you can make it really quick and easily using on-hand supplies!
Fun, right? I’m eager to see what things hubby pulls HIS Dad Card for 🙂 Now, for mine I used whatever supplies and scraps I had on-hand, and you can do the same. Just make little tweaks as you need if you have different random supplies. No need to spend lots of money!
- Popsicle Sticks
- Scrap paper/cardboard (for the inside part)
- Marker/stickers for text
- Hot glue/gun
- Handle (I used a cheap sponge brush)
- Use your markers/paint to color the popsicle sticks as desired. Use your hot glue gun to secure them into a frame – overlapping as I did, if you want.
- Glue your scrap cardstock/paper/etc. (I used an old paint color card) behind the frame so you have the centerpiece. Attach your handle (or cheap brush, whatever) and then add your text by writing it or using stickers. That’s it!
It’s easy for the kids to help – coloring the sticks, choosing the sticker/text, even helping with the gluing (with high supervision). Great affordable and EASY Father’s day gift from the kiddos!
More features for Father’s Day Craft Lighting
How awesome is this Steampunk Dad Mug from Michelle’s Party Plan-It? Love it!
Every dad could use a Slim Wallet, like this one from Carla Schauer – especially if it only takes 15 minutes
It’d be saying A LOT in our house if the kids loved Daddy more than LEGO – so this card from Scrappy Chick Blog would be perfect!
I love this Best Dad Duck Tape Gift Card Holder from Mad In Crafts – makes me think of the Guardians of the Galaxy mixed tape!
I never knew a DIY Pop-up Card, like this one from Raegun Ramblings, was so easy to make!
This Alphabet Soup Message Board from Me And My Inklings is not only fun, but useful
Is your dad the BEST? Then give him this cute Best Dad Picture Frame from Albion Gould
For that fisherman Dad in your life, check out this fantastic ‘Dad is REELY Awesome’ frame from Frog Prince Paperie
So many great ideas – whip up your favorites, and don’t forget to give him his own DAD CARD!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Natural Laxatives for Kids: Gentle Constipation Relief - August 31, 2023
- Boost Milk Supply with Tasty Lactation Smoothie Recipes - August 24, 2023
- The Top 5 Foods to Eat While Breastfeeding - August 23, 2023