Hey it’s Nikki with Busy Mom’s Helper, who here likes sweet pork? It is one of my favorites! I love going to Costa Vida and getting their sweet pork burrito, but it can get expensive so I found a good copy-cat recipe. To spice it up more I added this Tomatillo Dressing that makes it more moist and adds a lot of flavor.
- 3 tomatillos
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 lime
- 1 packet hidden valley ranch dressing
- 1 cup buttermilk
1. Cut into smaller pieces the tomatillos and cilantro and place in blender. Remove the skin from the tomatillos, most of the time the skin will fall off on its own or its really simple to peel off.
2. Add in the garlic, ranch, and buttermilk. If you don’t have buttermilk just add 1 cup milk and 2 tablespoons butter.
3. Cut the lime in half and squeeze juice into the blender.
4. Blend well, I usually blend only half the cilantro with everything for about a minute then add the rest, scrape down the sides, and blend for another minute or two.
Serve cold over any dish! I especially love it with my sweet pork burrito, but it is also great on salads as well – I have even put it on rice.
- 2 pounds pork
- 2 cans pepsi (not diet)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1 can enchilada sauce (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Marinate pork in a bag over night with 1 can of pepsi 1 cup brown sugar and garlic salt and water.
- Place the content of the bag into a slow cooker and cook on low for 7 hours or high for 3-4.
- An hour before you want to eat, drain the pork, shred it with two forks, then place back into the empty crockpot
- Combine the shredded pork with the diced chilies, enchilada sauce, 1 cup brown sugar, and 1 can Pepsi. Stir well.
- Turn the crock pot on high and let warm for about an hour.
Serve burrito style with rice, sour cream, cheese, and the flavorful Tomatillo Dressing, or over a salad.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Nikki Cole (see all)
- 2 Ingredient CopyCat 3 Musketeers - November 6, 2022
- Peanut Butter Cheerios - November 6, 2022
- Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread - January 21, 2021