This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Okay, I’m still recovering from Christmas, yet it’s coming up on Valentine’s Day in just over a month…what’s with that? There’s pink and red all around the stores, boxes of chocolates all around the grocery aisles tempting me, and here I am with a lit tree still up! I suppose I should just get on the band wagon and begin preparing for the next holiday, so let’s start with this super simple, fun Valentine’s Cupid Gift for this month’s Craft Lightning!
If you remember, the thing about Craft Lightning is the craft has to take 15 minutes or less – this one is WAY less, and you can have the kiddos get in on the fun, too! Plus, it’s a super nice thing to do for someone else.
I will admit that my favorite thing about Valentine’s is, of course, the chocolates everywhere! I tend to buy a bag or two (okay, maybe three) every shopping trip, whether I should or not. One way to save my waistline is to GIVE IT AWAY! I get to do ‘service’ for others, and still nibble on some chocolaty goodness while I’m at it. Talk about a win-win! You can even give these as a ‘surprise’ since you can just hang it on someone’s doorknob, ring the bell, then book it away!
- Construction paper of choice
- Ribbon for tying and for hanging
- Hole punch
- Candies or other ‘filler’ of choice
- I used 12×12 pieces of paper (one patterned sheet for the outside, then a plain colored for the lining) but you can change the size…just keep it square. Fold it together so it is closed to a point at the bottom. Hole punch along where the two edges overlap.
- Use some ribbon to lace up the side. This keeps the sides closed together, and looks awesome!
- Stick your ribbon for hanging between your two sheets of paper and staple into place. Repeat on the opposite side of the opening so you can hang it.
- Fill with your candies, gifts or other filler and you’re done!
On the pink heart one I did (above) I cut a little ‘loop’ down in the front so you can see more of the filler. On the black XOXOXO one, I left it rounded, and personally like that better. I’ts entirely up to you how you want it to look!
I found some super-cheap little heart decor things on clearance, so stuck two of those in just for some extra ‘pop’! I’m actually getting more excited about Valentine’s now that I’m a ‘little’ prepared! Plus, I got to eat some (okay, a whole bag by now, probably) chocolate…can’t go too wrong with that!
Check out the other fabulous 15-minutes-or-less Valentine’s crafts for this month’s craft lighting here…
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- 5 Tips for a Multi-age Family Halloween - October 18, 2019
- Comfy & Cute Styles from NYFifth - October 9, 2019
- Harry Potter Christmas 2019: Universal’s Wizarding World Celebration - September 18, 2019