Everyone knows that I have a major love for Dr Pepper. Probably a little too much, but I’m perfectly happy with that! Other than drinking it, I really enjoy using it in recipes to create bold, new flavors, like with this super moist and delish Dr Pepper Chocolate Pudding Cake!
I know, Dr Pepper AND chocolate is like the best of all worlds, right?! You’re welcome 😉
I’m not a huge fan of cake, though, unless it’s really flavorful and gooey tasty. This pudding cake is just that! It’s almost like a cobbler type cake, in that there’s so much chocolaty, pudding-y (yes, I’m making that a word) goodness to it in every bite.
- 1/2 cup & 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup & 2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 cans (about 20 oz.) Dr Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line a 9×13 baking dish, set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and Dr Pepper (I used 20 oz. so about 1 1/2 cans) over medium heat until creamy.
- Mix the remaining ingredients until well-combined, pour into cake pan. Pour the still-hot pudding mixture from the saucepan evenly over top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve with whipped topping, ice cream, strawberries, whatever you’d like!
If you want even more pudding-to-cake ratio, simply double the amount of ingredients you do for the saucepan step! Simple and quick for a fabulous dessert!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Hubby Date Night Gift Basket with Free Printable - December 11, 2017
- Why the 2017 Mazda CX-5 is the Perfect Trip Vehicle - December 8, 2017
- Ruffled Tree Skirt - December 7, 2017