Summer is coming! Let’s get ready by having a basic, quick, and easy cake recipe to whip out for all those fun little parties. This Crazy Chocolate Cake is quick to make, doesn’t dirty all your bowls and mixers and can be combined with several different fun toppings.
I don’t know about most of you but I hate washing dishes, they seem never ending! One of the worst ones for me are big bowls or my mixer, for some reason they seem hard to wash and are always dirty. Well if you’re like me then this recipe will be your friend. This recipe is delicious and easy which makes it really nice when life is crazy (which is pretty much always) and you don’t have several bowls or in fact any bowls/mixers to wash! Crazy right? Well with most of our lives we are already crazy so why not have a good tasting crazy to go with it.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup cold water*
- Dump the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda into a greased 8” by 8” baking pan and whisk together until evenly blended.
- Make three wells in the flour mixture. Pour vinegar into the first well, pour oil into the second well and vanilla into the last well.
- Pour water over everything and whisk together well, scraping down the sides and corners well.
- Evenly spread the batter in the pan and place in the oven for 35 – 40 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched in the center. Cool a few minutes before cutting.
- Serve warm with ice cream, fresh fruit, chocolate syrup, whipped topping, powdered sugar or whatever fun topping you like with your cake.
*For a fun mocha flavor, mix ½ cup cold brewed coffee and ½ cup cold water for the liquid.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…