This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LeaveBlandBehind #CollectiveBias
Remember when you were a kid, and anytime you got a hamburger or cheeseburger was wonderful – regardless if it was super plain and boring? I loved having burgers for dinner, but now as an adult I sure do expect more FLAVOR and ‘personality’ to it. Gone are the days of bland, typical burgers now that you can whip up this Gourmet-Style Garlic Jalapeno Burger and Fry Sauce easily at home! It’s bursting with incredible flavor, and is a truly special sauce that takes your burger from ‘eh’ to WOW!
Don’t worry, y’all know how much I try to avoid complex dishes or meals that take too long – even though this Garlic Jalapeno Burger may SOUND difficult or time-consuming, it’s not at all! Just grab all of your ingredients during your next Walmart shopping trip – including the ‘secret ingredient’ that makes this sauce finger-licking good….NEW McCormick Garlic Jalapeño Seasoning. It’s one of the NEW McCormick Garlic Seasoning Blends now available at Walmart, and boy does it give such an amazing flavor to so many dishes – I had to stock up on several so we can try it out on more new things.
You can find it in the spice aisle, along with McCormick Garlic Ranch Seasoning. You can use either of these tasty seasonings anywhere you’d normally use Garlic Powder – add it in before, during or after cooking for an extra boost of flavor. They really bring garlic to the next level of flavor, and help take the guesswork out of recipe free cooking – because who wants to stick exactly to a recipe all the time?! I love using McCormick seasonings because they inspire a love of home cooking and help empower all cooks (even those still learning, like us) through flavor!
Seriously, this sauce takes these burgers far away from the regular ‘ol bland stuff and gives them a boost of flavor that really goes well with the burgers and toppings – plus it works amazingly as a fry sauce, so you get two uses from one sauce!
It just so happens that hubby had to work from home the day I made these, meaning he was able to taste-test my creation – and absolutely loved it! He even packed a bit of the leftovers for lunch the next day because it was such a hit 🙂 He was sure glad I bought several of the McCormick Garlic Seasoning Blends, since he’s also brainstorming on more things that it can be added to for some really great flavor.
Just look at that sauce dripping on the burger – so much great taste in every bite! Like I said, don’t worry because it’s really easy to make….
Ingredients – Sauce
- 3/4 cup Mayo
- 3 tbsp. Ketchup
- 2 tbsp. BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp. Yellow Mustard
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tsp. McCormick Garlic Jalapeño Seasoning
For the entire meal you’ll need:
- Sliced Tomatoes, lettuce, etc.
- Sliced/Diced Onions (I sprinkled some seasoning on these and grilled them – delish!)
- Hamburger Buns
- Ground Beef/Burger Patties
- Cheese of Choice, sliced
- French Fries!
- In a bowl, whip all of your ingredients until well-combined.
- Use as a sauce for your burgers, and a dip for your fries.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
At first I was worried that using the same sauce for the burgers and the fry dip would be ‘too much’ – but goodness no! It was perfect, bringing out great flavor for each thing in a complimentary way. Loved it! Once you fall in love with the taste, you’ll want to sprinkle it on new things to try as well – I even sprinkled some into the actual ground beef patties of our burgers!
You can adjust the amount of seasoning you put in to fit your taste preference – it was still great with just 1 tsp. in the sauce, but for the better flavor we wanted we preferred 2 tsp. in ours.
Mmm….this sauce was almost addictive, it was just so tasty! And yes, it’s so good you’ll be licking your fingers (and maybe even your plate)!
I’m so glad I’m not a kid anymore, happy with a regular, bland burger – I want delicious flavor bursting in every single bite! These gourmet-style Garlic Jalapeno Burgers are just what the doctor ordered, and still were quick to fix up because us busy mommas deserve great taste without spending our valuable time!
What dish would YOU try NEW McCormick Garlic Jalapeño Seasoning in?
This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. #NoYolks #NoOtherNoodle #IC
Ya’ll know I’m a HUGE fan of easy weeknight meals that make everybody happy. As busy moms, we don’t have time to spend forever in the kitchen creating new masterpieces! Or do we? By trying noodles in new and unexpected ways, you can create all sorts of amazing dishes that not only peak people’s interest (gotta keep the kiddos happy, right?) but also taste incredible – like these Noodle Stuffed Tomatoes!
I was really wanting to whip up something new, and the other day had a pot boiling water so I could cook up some No Yolks noodles (I love that they always cook up smooth, firm and fluffy, and stay that way after mixing them with your favorite recipes). After brainstorming how I wanted to fix these up to serve for a quick snack or light meal, I decided that including tomatoes would be perfect – but not in the normal diced way!
Instead of putting diced tomatoes mixed into the noodles, why not mix the noodles inside the tomatoes?! I had to give it a try – and it turned out super fresh and delicious, and the perfect size for a great party appetizer, afternoon snack or even a simple lunch!
- Tomatoes, washed
- No Yolks noodles
- Shredded Cheese of Choice
- Basil for topping, if desired
- Cook your No Yolks Noodles according to package directions.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes (and little off bottoms if you want it to stand flat better) and scoop out the insides.
- Spoon some noodles into each empty tomato. Top with a good sprinkling of cheese.
- If desired, nuke in the microwave 5-10 seconds to melt the cheese. Sprinkle some basil on top, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Seriously, you’ve gotta give this new twist on traditional noodles & tomatoes a try because it is da bomb!
Not only are No Yolks noodles the perfect addition for when you need a delicious meal in a hurry, but they’re also a smart choice because they’re a healthy egg noodle alternative, made from egg whites so there’s no cholesterol. Plus they’re low in fat and sodium, so I feel much better about feeding them to my family! You can nab them in Broad, Extra Broad, fine, Kluski, Dumplings and even Stir-Fry.
There’s so many creative ways to incorporate noodles into your busy weeknight meals because they’re incredibly versatile. No Yolks is for way more than just stroganoff or casseroles! Give them a try in soups like Miso and French Onion, or in dishes like Sriracha Cheesy Noodles or Noodles with Kale and Walnut Pesto. So many options for new and unexpected dishes! Take these tasty & fun Pizza Noodle Cups for example – A unique take on a definite family-pleasing dish.
Find more great noodle recipe videos HERE!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #FieldToBottle #CollectiveBias
Guys, it’s FINALLY cooling down here in Texas and I’m thrilled because that means we can go outside more – without melting, at least. This means more picnics, barbecues, and get-togethers….and all of those mean tasty food! One great dish to whip up for a fun gathering outside is this delicious Habanero Cheesy Bread – super easy to make, and full of incredible flavor, it’s sure to be a huge hit for any occasion!
If you’re a big fan of regular cheesy bread like I am, you’re going to be thrilled to give this recipe a try because the El Yucateco® sauce enhances the flavor, making it a definite winner in the tasty food category. For this batch, I used their El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero sauce because I love the green chile flavor mixed with the cheesiness of the bread. Pure deliciousness!
Plus – you could win awesome prizes that’ll help you discover new places!
#KingofFlavorSweepstakes (9/28 to 10/27)
El Yucateco®’s ingredients come from Field to Bottle. It includes no artificial colors, but the same great taste that makes it the King of Flavor since 1968. I grabbed a few from Target – so be sure to stock up next time you’re there running errands. This cheesy bread recipe would be great to try the different flavors with, so don’t be scared to mix it up a bit to see how each kind accents the flavoring in a unique way.
The different flavors they have are:
- El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero
- El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero
- El Yucateco® XXX Hot Kutbil-ik
- El Yucateco® Caribbean Habanero
- El Yucateco® Black Label Reserve
- El Yucateco® Chipotle
- El Yucateco® Jalapeno
Maybe I’m dorky, but I love the bottles they come in – they’re so convenient, and you can easily throw it in your purse for on-the-go to your next outing!
Note: makes 1 bread loaf
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- For cheese topping: 1-2 cups Shredded Cheese, 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line a bread pan, set aside.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cream cheese, milk, vegetable oil & El Yucateco® sauce) and mix until well-combined and a dough forms. If too sticky, add a little more flour until it’s a nice, doughy consistency.
- Scrape dough into bread pan and bake about 40-50 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and CAREFULLY (will be very hot) cut a checkered pattern on the top.
- Mix the cheese and butter (you can add a little El Yucateco® sauce if desired), then stuff all over the top of the bread and into the cut parts. Cover with foil and bake about 15 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool, then enjoy on your next adventure!
I’m eager to try this with other flavors to see how the taste changes, and to find out which is my favorite!
Check out all that cheesy goodness!
Another perk to this cheesy bread recipe is that you don’t need to let it rise forever (or at all) like some breads – I’m all for quick and easy baking 🙂
Be sure to grab some El Yucateco® sauce the next time you’re at Target so you can whip up this amazing Habanero Cheesy Bread for your next outdoor party or gathering.
What flavor El Yucateco® sauce would YOU use in this recipe?
Whether you’re celebrating the start of a new school year, have a big family gathering, or a big sports party, you’ll be well-prepared with this delicious, Party Ready Black Bean Dip. Easy to whip up, it’ll be sure to please the crowd for any get together you have coming up. Or even just enjoy it as a snack for a lazy movie-filled afternoon – it’s totally up to you!
Note: makes about 2 cups of dip
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium Red Onion, roughly chopped
- 4 -6 cloves Garlic, peeled & minced
- 2 Jalapeños, seeded & chopped
- 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh Lime Juice (1 whole lime approximately + more if desired)
- ¼ cup Water (approximate)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Cilantro, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic and jalapeños and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft – about ten minutes. Don’t let it brown.
- Meanwhile: open, drain and thoroughly rinse the black beans.
- Transfer the cooked onion mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the black beans, salt, lime juice, water and cilantro. Blend until smooth, stopping and scraping the sides as you go.
- If the dip is too thick, add more water or lime juice, a little at a time to thin it out a bit.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, then transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm, cold or room temperature with tortilla chips.
- Most of the heat from the jalapeños is in the seeds and ribs, so leave those out. If you like a spicier dip, reserve the seeds and add them little by little when you’re blending the dip.
- Ground Cumin is a staple in most bean based dips. If you want, add about ¼ to ½ teaspoon of ground cumin while blending. Cumin is a strong spice, so a little goes a long way.
Which chips would you enjoy with this bean dip?
I’m in Utah visiting my relatives right now, and one thing we’ve enjoyed together is picking fresh berries from my sister’s garden. The kids absolutely LOVE it! We plan to make some freezer jam this week with her tasty raspberries, so I thought it’d be great fun to share 20 Easy Homemade Jam Recipes so you can whip some up for yourself!
Some of the recipes can probably be switched up depending on which product you have available, others may have to wait until a certain type is in season. Either way, there’s plenty of delicious jam recipes to choose from in this list!
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Chia Jam from wellplated.com
- Slow Cooker Bacon Jam from chilipeppermadness.com
- Blackberry Chia Seed Jam from twopeasandtheirpod.com
- Apple Jam from farmtotablela.com
- Clementine Jam from theviewfromgreatisland.com
- Peach Freezer Jam from recipegirl.com
- Rose Petal Jam from feastingathome.com
- Habanero Nectarine Jam from theviewfromgreatisland.com
- Habanero Pepper Jam from chilipeppermadness.com
- Easy Strawberry Jam Recipe With No Pectin from scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com
- Homemade Low Sugar Cinnamon Plum Jam from happyfoodstube.com
- Blueberry Jam With Mint from afarmgirlsdabbles.com
- Triple Berry Refrigerator Jam from pinchofyum.com
- Easy Strawberry Jam (no Pectin) from sweetandsavorybyshinee.com
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Jam Recipe from mypoppet.com.au
- 20-minute Refrigerator Jam from greenhealthycooking.com
- Pear And Ginger Jam (small Batch) from domesticgothess.com
- Apple, Cinnamon And Cranberry Jam In Bread Machine from sourdoughmovement.com
- Homemade Apple Jam from anncoojournal.com
- Canned Vanilla Spiced Pear Butter from thehappyflammily.com
What flavor jam is YOUR favorite?
It seems like a major food-craze that hasn’t gone away in past years is BACON. People love it – and for good reason, since it’s downright delicious! Here we’re sharing 20+ Irresistible Bacon Recipes, with everything from breakfast, sides, rolls, snacks and more to fit into your bacon craving any time of day.
What’s YOUR favorite bacon recipe?
Do you have picky eaters in your home? My kids do fairly well – but they’re still kids so of course there’s plenty of delish food that they just refuse to eat. I think it’s a trial all parents must go through – getting our children to eat a variety of foods, and hopefully some healthy ones like fruit! To help you with your battle, here’s 20 Creative Snack Ideas with Fruit – make mealtime or snacktime fun again with these clever fruity creations!
Aren’t some of these absolutely GENIUS! The berry ladybugs are totally adorable, and I personally would love to try the frozen rainbow fruit kabobs. These creative snack ideas will have your kids EXCITED for a healthy fruit snack – and leave you without an extra battle to deal with 🙂
1. Fruity Surprise Ice Lollies
2. Fruit Sushi
3. Fruit Sculpture
4. Strawberry Ladybugs
5. Fun Fruit Creations For Kids
6. Fruit Monsters
7. Rainbow Fruit Pizza
8. Fun Kids Party Treats
9. Fresh Fruit Tray
10. Beach Ball Fruit Pizza
11. Thanksgiving Fruit Turkey
12. Green Monster Fruit Pops
13. Individual Snack Portions of Mixed Fruit
14. Silly Apple Monster Bites
15. Frozen Rainbow Fruit Kebabs
16. Melon Carving For A Baby Shower
17. Apple Peanut Butter Teeth
18. Monster Apples
19. Strawberry Kiwi Icepops
20. Summer Fruit Kebabs
Which creative snack idea is YOUR favorite?
I don’t know about you, but I get really snackish during the day. Since I’m trying hard to make healthier decisions, I thought it would be a good idea to get a bunch of healthy options together so it’s a quick grab when I get in the mood for a snack. Since chips are such a great afternoon treat, here’s 21 Healthy Homemade Chip Recipes to help when that craving hits!
There’s so many delicious homemade chip recipes to choose from, it may be hard to pick! Maybe you’d prefer the apple chips, or perhaps kale? Or maybe the peanut butter banana chips or garlic basil Parmesan are more your taste? Whatever you choose, these healthier chip recipes are just the ticket for those afternoon snack sessions!
Paleo Butternut Squash Chips from My Paleos
Homemade Potato Chips from Cincy Shopper
Homemade Apple Chips from Living Sweet Moments
Zucchini Chips with Truffle Salt from Wholesome Yum
Microwave Sea Salt Potato Chips from Inspiring Savings
Kale Chips from Ann’s Entitled Life
Peanut Butter Banana Chips from Premeditated Leftovers
Baked Corn Tortilla Chips from Rachel Cooks
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips from Eze Breezy
Garlic Basil Parmesan Crisps from Bless Her Heart Y’All
Cinnamon Pear Chips from Kleinworth & Co.
Best Homemade No-fry Potato Chips from Dogs Don’t Eat Pizza
Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips from Bitz & Giggles
Salted Cinnamon Sugar Chips from Kleinworth & Co.
Pasta Chips from Julie Blanner
Simple Apple Chips Recipe from Schooling a Monkey
Easy Veggie Chips from My Merry Messy Life
Spicy “Cheesy” Kale Chips from 3 Boys and a Dog
Shaped Nacho Chips from 4 the Love of Family
Pita Chips from The Foodie and The Fix
Which Homemade Chip Recipe is YOUR Favorite?
Another holiday has come and gone and while it’s nice to indulge a bit (can you say chocolate bunnies?), I always feel so ready to eat a little healthier after all that comfort food, and this Kale Stir Fry recipe is perfect for a healthy snack or side dish!
If you’ve never made stir fry at home, let me tell you just how simple and delicious it is. Did you know they even make stir fry veggie kits in the freezer section of your grocery store? It couldn’t be more simple to put together a healthy meal for your family, or even a quick and easy lunch for just you!
I love this version because it’s full of yummy green veggies, bright citrus and a flavorful cheese – feta! Scroll down for the recipe.
Kale Stir Fry
- 1 Medium Sliced Zucchini
- 6 Cups Kale Chopped
- ½ Cup Quinoa
- 1 Onion Chopped
- ½ Cup Feta Crumbles
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Follow directions of making quinoa.
- Set quinoa aside.
- On medium heat in a large pan add olive oil.
- Add onion and zucchini and allow to cook until tender.
- Add garlic salt.
- Add kale and water.
- Allow to steam for 5-10 minutes until kale is tender.
- Add quinoa.
- Toss ingredients.
- Top with Feta and lemon juice.
Have you ever tried making stir fry at home?
You’ll love how easy this strawberry soup is to make, and it’s so tasty you’ll have trouble deciding between having it as an appetizer, snack or even dessert! And yes, I do occasionally have it for breakfast, as well 🙂 Originally shared April 2013, updated February 2017.
- 2 cups Strawberries, frozen
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Fresh mint – for flavoring and garnish
- 1/4 (ish) cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped – for garnish
- In a blender, puree the strawberries, milk, heavy cream and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the sugar.
- Refrigerate overnight (or about 8 hours). Add mint as a garnish (also adds a great flavor), and also some chopped fresh strawberries, if desired.
On the cruise, they first gave you a bowl that looked like this……
……and then poured the creamy soup over top. Great presentation!
Note: also try it with PEACH instead to change it up a bit!
The fruit soups were so delicious on the cruise, I often got them for dessert as well!!!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #FreschettaFresh #CollectiveBias
Can I just vent for a minute guys? The past month has been INSANELY busy – more so than the normal holiday-type of busy. Between the regular holiday stuff with parties, school projects, work and pending Christmas break, we’ve also gotten further in our adoption process and hopefully in the next few weeks will be adding 3 kiddos to our family, becoming a family of NINE! Yup, busy. Luckily, we have some tasty Freschetta pizza stocked up in the freezer that we can easily put in the oven, then whip up these Sweet ‘N Spicy Breasticks for a delicious – and easy – dinner!
Since our family has varying tastes, we make sure to have a variety of the yummy flavors offered, like Freschetta Naturally Rising Canadian Bacon and Pineapple or the Freschetta Naturally Rising Pepperoni Pizza. We also always have some Freschetta Naturally Rising 4-Cheese Pizza on-hand for those who like their toppings simple-yet-tasty. Don’t forget to use this awesome Savings Offer HERE and stock up the next time you’re at Walmart to make those extra busy nights a bit easier!
I’ve always loved the undeniably better choice in frozen pizza for when you need a good dinner in a hurry. It’s freshness you can taste, and everyone in our family loves it – I’m certainly grateful for something quick that pleases our whole, big family. They rise naturally because of the perfect blend of 3 grains kneaded and rolled for the dough. And my fellow tomato-lovers will appreciate that the sauce is made using 4 vine-ripened tomatoes. All of that, mixed with 100% REAL provolone and mozzarella cheeses makes for one great meal!
Now you just need to add an amazing side to go along with it – like these delish Sweet ‘N Spicy Breadsticks!
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder (more or less, depending on how spicy you want it – this is pretty middle)
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 3 tbsp. Brown Sugar, packed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil – roughly 1/4 cup
- Cornmeal or baking spray for pan
- First make your breadstick dough (my dough recipe is here)
- Spread cornmeal on a baking sheet or pizza pan, or just spray it well. Once the dough is ready and risen, roll it out round (or square) to about the thickness of a regular pizza crust, maybe 3/4-1 inch. Place on prepared baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Combine the ingredients together, adding more or less olive oil until it’s moist enough to be spreadable. Use a basting brush (or spatula, whatever you have) to spread it around almost to the edges.
- Bake for about 12-18 minutes, depending on how cooked you want it. I typically do 15 in my oven for cooked-yet-soft breadsticks. Cut and enjoy warm with your pizza!
You can always adjust the amount of chili powder you put in to increase or decrease the level of spiciness. I did the 1 tbsp, and it was just right for the kids – a little kick to it, but still mild and sweet enough that they were asking for seconds! And thirds, and…well, you get the idea.
I’m hoping to get a bit more on top of my schedule by the holiday break (which is fast approaching!) so I can more fully enjoy my family time, especially with everyone bonding when our new kids join in. I’m so glad dinner isn’t one of the things for me to stress about as I’m getting it all done!