In search of a chocolaty treat that’s super delish? Who isn’t, right?! Well this Creamy Chocolate Layered Pie is just the ticket!
One of my amazing friends is also a foodie, and she has some of the best recipes! One week I was having a hard time, and she suddenly surprised me with this Creamy Chocolate Layered Pie. Totally made my whole week, and I loved every creamy, delightful bite of it….and couldn’t wait to make it myself!
This pie consists of a yummy crust, moist brownie layer, and super creamy chocolate mousse, all topped with whipped cream. Seriously, I’m drooling just thinking about it!
Ingredients – Brownie Layer
- 2 9-inch pie crusts, premade or homemade (I used chocolate, but regular is great as well)
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Directions – Brownie Layer
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Combine all of the ingredients until well-mixed and divide between the two pie crusts. Bake at 350 Degrees F until toothpick inserted comes out mostly cleaned, about 10-20 minutes (check often). Do not overcook.
- Remove and allow to cool.
Ingredients – Chocolate Mousse
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Water, divided
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Whipped Cream, plus 1 pint
Directions – Chocolate Mousse
- Melt the chocolate chips, 1/4 cup water and butter in the microwave. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and the rest of the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Put the saucepan over ice and stir until cooled, about 3-5 minutes.
- Fold in 1 1/4 cup whipped cream. Spoon 1/3-1/2 of the mousse into each pie over the cooled brownie layer. Refrigerate about 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with whipped cream and ENJOY!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…