Grilled Steak with Sweet Peppers
• Soy Sauce ¼ Cup
• Olive Oil ¼ cup & 2 tbsp.
• Honey 3 tbsp.
• Small Shallot minced
• Rosemary 2 ½ tbsp.
• Balsamic Vinegar 2 tbsp.
• Red Pepper Flakes ½ tsp.
• Steak of choice 2 lb., about 1 inch thick
• Large red bell pepper
• Large green bell pepper
• Large yellow bell pepper
• Small red onion
• Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In shallow pan, mix soy sauce, ¼ cup oil, honey, shallot, 1 ½ tsp. rosemary, ½ tsp. salt, and black pepper. Place steak in the pan, coating with marinade. Rotate every few minutes to get both sides. Move on to step 2 while it marinates. If you will be using a charcoal or gas grill, get it warming now.
2. Cut the peppers and onion. My family cuts them into bite sized pieces, but some prefer it in strips (as in picture above); it is your choice. In a large frying pan, use the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Put in the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until tender; this takes us about 9 minutes, but we prefer ours really tender for our little ones. Add the remaining rosemary and pepper flakes. Cook for another minute, then add the vinegar and stir until it’s absorbed; remove from the heat.
3. Put the marinated steak onto the grill and cook to your preference. When cooked, put on clean working surface and let sit for a few minutes. When it’s cooled a bit, cut the steak as desired. Some do it in thin strips, but we cut ours smaller for our children. Mix with the peppers and serve.
Notes: This is a great meal to get a variety of colored vegetables. My children and I are not huge fans of onions, so I do cut those in large slices so they can be picked off those plates. There are no green peppers shown in the photo above because they were eaten ahead of time by unknowing family members.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles - March 18, 2023
- 100+ DIY Harry Potter Ideas - March 16, 2023
- Best Cribs For Small Spaces - March 9, 2023