Peanut Butter & Banana Overnight Oats
I often mention how crazy weekday mornings can be, and I’m sure most – if not all – of you completely relate. Rushing to work or school, not only the kids to get ready but yourself (at least most days, if we’re lucky), it can be a mad dash. The last thing you want to worry about is breakfast, so it’s nice to have some easy make-ahead breakfast ideas you can rely on – like these Peanut Butter & Banana Overnight Oats!
Super tasty, and a healthier breakfast recipe you can just whip up the night before, then it’s a quick serve in the morning between the rush getting dressed and reminding the kids a dozen times to brush their teeth. Or is that just my kids?
This particular recipe SERVES 4, so adjust as necessary to fit your own family size. The toppings can be customized to fit YOUR tastes – for example, I love adding chocolate shavings into mine. Maybe you’re more of a raisin topping type of person. Either way, make it fit your taste preferences to start your day off right!
- 1 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 large Bananas
- 1 cup of Milk
- 4 tablespoon of Creamy Peanut Butter
- 8 tablespoon of Maple Syrup or Honey
- ¼ cup of chopped Nuts (Walnuts, Almonds, and Hazelnuts) or Seeds (Sunflower, Pumpkin, Flax or Chia seeds) of choice
- A sprinkle of shaved Chocolate (optional)
- Divide ¼ cup of oats into 4 pint size mason jars or medium sized bowls.
- Add ¼ cup of milk to each jar or bowl.
- Spoon a tablespoon of peanut butter into each jar or bowl.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup into each jar or bowl.
- Give everything a good stir. Cover and refrigerate the 4 jars or bowls for at least 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- The oats would have soaked in all the liquid. Add a tablespoon of chopped nuts or seed of choice.
- Add banana slices (half a banana for every jar or bowl) and some chocolate shavings (optional)
- Enjoy a chilled, delicious and hearty breakfast.
- Instead of regular milk, almond or coconut milk can be used.
- You can add extra fixings like raisins, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
- For a decadent treat, top with whipped cream.
What extra toppings would YOU like to add?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…