Does anyone else get a bit giddy when they see strawberries for a good price at the grocery store? I LOVE it, and so does my family – they’re one of our absolute favorite fruits! I grabbed several packs of the juicy berries so we could try a few new recipes with them, like this delicious and creamy Strawberry Honey Butter recipe! While I probably shouldn’t, it’s so good I could eat it straight out of the bowl. Don’t worry, I haven’t. At least not yet!
Another thing on sale were bags of frozen rolls, so we grabbed some of those. We usually just enjoy honey or this blackberry cream cheese spread on them, but I decided to give honey butter a try, with a flavorful twist. I was thrilled that it turned out so good, and even the kids were licking their fingers.
Another bonus? It only takes a handful of ingredients, most of which you probably already have on-hand. Score!
- 3 Sticks Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, diced really small
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1-2 tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
- Measure all of your ingredients into a stand mixer (or mixing bowl using beaters, if you must) and use the whisk attachment to whisk all of the ingredients well. Every so often turn it off, scrape the sides of the bowl, then let it run again.
- Whisk for about 4-5 minutes, or until it goes from clumpy, to smoother, to creamy.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. For easier spreading, get it out about 20-30 minutes before serving to soften.
Don’t panic if it takes several minutes to not be clumpy – I started to worry when it was just a glump of a mess in the mixer at first. After a few minutes, though, it got more smooth and ended up being perfectly creamy and spreadable.
The small strawberry bits will mostly just blend in to the butter mixture, but a few dots will still show up – making this not only a delicious honey butter recipe, but also pretty!
Check out all the strawberry buttery goodness melting on the soft, hot rolls! Yes, I snuck one while doing pictures – okay, maybe two – but it was so yummy I couldn’t resist! At least I didn’t just lick out the bowl, right?
More Strawberry Recipes
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…