Remember my muffin fetish? Yep, I'm at it again! With all the A-MA-ZING sales on…
This delicious Strawberry Breakfast Parfait will get your day started off on the right foot! It’s loaded with healthy and delicious ingredients!
Mornings are a blur of activity for me with getting the kids fed, dressed, combed, etc – not to mention packing lunches and making sure homework gets into the right school bag and what not. So that’s why most days I don’t actually have breakfast until the kids are off at school. With the house quiet, it’s nice to sit down after all that chaos and just enjoy my breakfast while I get ready to work. This Strawberry Breakfast Parfait tastes like dessert, but is full of healthy ingredients.
I love making a big batch of homemade granola and keeping it on hand for lots of recipes, including this one. Get the recipe for my homemade granola here.
Of course, if you’re not a big fan of strawberries, you could substitute any other fruit, or combination or fruits you like. In the summer, in season berries are delicious. Kiwi and banana are a great combination, too!
Strawberry Breakfast Parfait
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and sliced
- Optional additional ingredients: wheat germ honey
- In a pint sized mason jar, layer half of the ingredients, starting with the yogurt, followed by granola and top with strawberries. Repeat with the remaining half.
- If desired, sprinkle the top with wheat germ and a drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately.
I just love this versatile recipe… if you can even call it that – it’s just so simple! If you’re looking to add a bit more nutrition, consider topping your parfait with a teaspoon of wheat germ, ground flax seeds, or chia seeds. A drizzle of honey is always a nice addition, too.
This actually makes a great dessert for the kids, as well. Add a dollop of homemade whipped cream to the top and you’ve got a dreamy treat! Get the recipe for homemade whipped cream here.
Whether you choose to have it for breakfast or dessert, you’re going to love this simple but delicious recipe!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Angela Paris (see all)
- Easy Lox Recipe at Home – Surprise Your Family! - July 31, 2020
- Perfect Gifts for Your Best Friend – Top 5 Ideas - July 29, 2020
- Decorate Your Kitchen with Unique Items – Top 5 Ideas - July 23, 2020