This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DrPepperPickYourPepper
Everyone knows how much I love Dr Pepper®, and any excuse to use it in a recipe, party plan or just because – so when I heard about their new limited edition “Pick Your Pepper” designs, I couldn’t wait! There’s so many fun, unique designs to choose from, so you can have a fantastic gathering in just about any theme. One treat that’s especially great to have during these hot months are donuts – and these Dr Pepper Donuts are perfect for a summer party!
First of all, swing by Kroger or a Kroger banner store to nab some of these awesome Dr Pepper designs, and be sure to take advantage of Kroger’s offer (Buy any 3 Dr Pepper 12pk or 8pk 12oz (any variety), get a free 20oz). This great offer is available 6/21-8/15 or while supplies last. Check your local Kroger for specifics!
The fun new Pick Your Pepper packaging was super popular at my location, and the soda guy restocking the shelves said he was having quite the time keeping them in-stock! I was able to grab 12-packs with a Unicorn design, as well as some 20oz bottles with various designs like unicorns (they seem to be REALLY popular lately!), wolves, golf and even a fun retro-kitchen type design.
There’s something for everyone, such as those that like sharks, doodles, dancing, mustaches, 80’s, retro, gaming, comics, plaid, beaches, hearts, paw prints, music, sports, flowers and SO MUCH MORE! I had a hard time choosing – luckily Dr Pepper has always been my drink of choice, so I have no problem stocking up my shelves with my favorite drink so I can select more of these LIMITED EDITION styles.
Now on to our delicious summer party recipe – Dr Pepper Donuts! This batch makes roughly 12 donuts, so adjust as needed. They’re really quick to whip up, and are a definite crowd-pleaser.
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Dr Pepper
- Grease or spray your donut pans really well, set aside. Do NOT preheat the oven yet!
- Cream the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy. Add in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt until well-combined.
- Add the vegetable oil and Dr Pepper and mix until smooth. Let sit while you NOW PREHEAT THE OVEN to 325 Degrees F.
- Once the oven is ready, scoop or pour the batter into the prepared donut pans, filling each about 2/3 the way full. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
One reason I enjoy baking with Dr Pepper is that it’s easy to enjoy a sip (or two or three or…) while baking!
For you Snapchat fans, don’t miss out on a cool filter using the Snap code on the limited edition Dr Pepper 20oz bottles. I’m eager to see everyone try it out!