- 1 cup Margarine, softened
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 12-ounce package Vanilla milk chips
- 1 12-ounce package Chocolate milk chips
- 2 cups Dried tart cherries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×13 baking pan, set aside.
- Combine margarine, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture. Mix in.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder, then slowly add to mixture. Stir in milk chips, cherries and nuts.
- Spread evenly into pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly brown. Let cool before cutting.
Notes: I used a fork to mix instead of an electric mixer, and it worked great, plus easier to clean. We serve this warm with vanilla ice cream over it; a nice little fruit and chocolate addition!