With the holidays coming, I know there’s going to be TONS of delicious, amazing and unique recipes all over the blogosphere. I’ll be sharing some of those, too! However, sometimes what I really want is Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies!
There’s just something about having a delicious chocolate chip cookie that really hits the spot. Add some milk, and it’s pure heaven! Remember those days after school, having cookies and milk? I sure do, and still love doing that with my kiddos! Don’t worry, though, I don’t let them have cookies everyday….everything in balance, right?
There’s so many cookies to choose from, in so many combinations it’s insane, but I do love soft, chewy, perfectly-flavored Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies! And really, they can’t get much more simple than this! Serve them up warm and they’re even better, at least in my opinion! I will admit, I don’t give them to my kids very warm too often…because all that melted, fabulous chocolate in the cookies? Ya, that’s a total mess with a 3-year-old sometimes! Momma, on the other hand, deserves to enjoy the gooey-ness, am I right?
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp. Hot Water
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 cups Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line two baking sheets, then set aside.
- Mix the butter, both sugars and eggs together. Add the hot water, vanilla, and salt until well-combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda until well-mixed, then the chocolate chips. Spoon the dough into 1″ balls and place on baking sheets, gently pressing down to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just barely turning brown. Let them cool about 5 minutes on the pan, then remove to a cooling rack. Enjoy every moist, chewy and tasty bite!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…