It's freezing outside. Well, not in the 'technical' sense of temperature, but for Texas it's…
There have been SO MANY yummy holiday desserts all over the blogosphere lately, I just had to pitch in some of my favorites! What better to start with than this classic Chocolate Peppermint Mousse Pie?!
I really like peppermint all year….the scent, the flavor, the color…but around the holidays it’s EXTRA special! Mix it with chocolate (because that makes everything better, right?) and you’ve got this creamy, flavorful and festive pie to serve up for any holiday occasion!
Note: I used a pre-made Oreo crust, but you can change it up!
Ingredients – Chocolate Mousse
- 4 oz. Bittersweet Baking Chocolate
- 2 tbsp. & 2 tbsp. Water
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 3/4 cup Whipped Cream
Directions – Chocolate Mousse
- In a saucepan, melt the baking chocolate, 2 tbsp. water, butter and vanilla. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another saucepan, whisk the egg yolks, 2 tbsp. water and over medium heat about 10 minutes, or until 160 Degrees F.
- Combine both saucepans’ mixtures, then place over ice to cool, stirring often to keep it smooth. Fold in the whipped cream and spread over prepared pie crust. Place in fridge.
Ingredients – Peppermint Mousse
- 1 oz. Package White Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1 oz. Package Cheesecake Flavored Instant Pudding
- 2 cups Milk
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, very softened
- 1 tsp. Peppermint Extract (not mint)
Directions – Peppermint Mousse
- Prepare the white chocolate pudding with the milk, as per package directions.
- Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy, then mix with the prepared pudding. Mix in the cheesecake pudding mix (don’t prepare it, use just the powder mix) and peppermint extract.
- Spread over pie and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Top your pie with whipped topping, crushed candy canes, crushed oreos and/or chocolate shavings and ENJOY!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…