Even though I'm not a kid anymore (at least not on the outside) I still…
I can’t believe it’s almost Mother’s Day – but I guess that happens with every holiday lately! Totally creeps up on me, then it’s gone in a blink. Luckily, this Mother’s Day Flower Photo Gift is adorable, fun and super simple to make! Plus, it’s the type of gift she’ll want to hold on to for a long time to come!
Growing up, I thoughtÂ that I had to go all-out for Motherâ€™s Day, spending tons of money and loads of time creating something amazing. Guess what? It never meant as much as the simple things; things that held more memories or sentiment to them! Now that Iâ€™m a mom, I totally understand this! Now we focus on really special gifts that donâ€™t take a ton of time or moneyâ€¦.but that sheâ€™ll want to keep for a long while. This Motherâ€™s Day Gift is perfect for that, so letâ€™s get started!
- The free printable templates (found below)
- Cupcake wrappers in color of choice (I use 5-8 per pic for layering/thickness)
- Photo to cut for center
- Tape (double-sided preferably)
- Photo frame, if desired
- Print out one of the Free Printable Templates by clicking these links: Tall Straight StemÂ in Pink or Blue. Sideways Stem in Pink or Blue. Each of these print 8Ã—10 in size.
- Use your tape (either double-sided, or fold over one-sided) to secure the first cupcake liner to the top of the flower stem.
- Insert the rest of the liners one-by-one, using tape below to stick it to the bottom liners. I like to make sure the ridges donâ€™t fit together perfectly, to add some fun dimension and texture to it.
- Use the center circle of the liners to trace out your photo, then cut it out and tape to the center of the top liner.
Thatâ€™s it! Now you have a beautiful Motherâ€™s Day Photo Gift for her to display for all to see! A little tip â€“ I found it easier to tape the liners on AFTER putting the print into a frame. If you want, you can put an initial or name in one of the corners to make even more personalized!
My kids had a lot of fun choosing their cupcake liner colors, so even THATÂ showed a bit of their personality in each framed print!
I know my mom is going to LOVE these special gifts from her grand-babies! Honestly, these would make a fun craft just for Spring, and a gift for anyone, really â€“ gotta love flexibility, right?
Check out these other great posts that would be PERFECT for Mother’s Day!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…