This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
February is next week – seriously?! New Years is long forgotten, and I’m actually writing 2018 properly on the date now. This year seems to be flying by already! While I’m sitting here a bit dazed about that fact, at least I’m ‘semi’ prepared with a special gift for hubby. If you’re looking to do a thoughtful 14 Days of Valentines gift, these cute and customizable envelopes are PERFECT! I love how simple it is, plus you can craft, decorate or fix them up however you’d like.
You can do the 14 days of Valentines starting on February 1st and work your way UP to February 14th, Valentines Day – or start it on that day and work from there, it’s totally up to you. I prefer working up to Valentines, and having the last envelope hold things for a date night or special dinner. You can include things like sweet notes, photos of memories, gift cards, a note saying where their gift is hidden (for example: find your new comfy gift in the dryer – and it’s a new blanket or slippers, etc.). You don’t need to spend a bunch at all, just focus on what you want to give your sweetheart that they’d really love and appreciate.
When I saw these envelopes on Amazon, I knew they’d be the perfect thing to use for this project – not only are they easy to fold up, but the little ‘tab’ has a heart shape! They’re also a great size – not too big and not too small, either. They come in a pack of 50 – so you have PLENTY! They’re that nice, clean manilla color, so you can paint, color with markers, write on, or whatever you want to make them yours. Below, I’m sharing the fun striped heart decoration I did for the back of them.
- Heart-tabbed envelopes
- Red, Black and/or White paper strips (or color of choice)
- Large sturdy paper for attaching
- Number stickers (1 through 14)
- Photos, notes, gift cards, etc. to put inside your envelopes
- Glue your strips randomly into rows on your larger sheet of paper. Trim off the edges that stick over, so all the area has that firm backing to it.
- Draw/trace heart shapes onto your piece of striped paper, then cut out carefully.
- Glue onto the back of your envelopes, also included a numbered sticker so you know what day goes with what envelope.
- Close up your envelope with your gift/photo/note inside, then surprise your sweetie with a special 14 days of Valentines gift!
If you want to get extra decorative, you can even color (or put glue and add sparkles) to that little heart tab. I chose not to, but maybe that’s what you’d prefer for your own set.
If your gifts don’t really matter which order they’re opened in, you can skip the numbered sticker part. If you need to know what’s being opened that day – in case it’s a time-sensitive gift, or you need to place the actual gift somewhere – then be sure you have some way to know which envelope goes with what day.
Another fun idea would be a ‘scavenger hunt’ – so do all 14 envelopes/gifts at once, but have the first one hold a clue to find the second, then so forth until the 14th one is the BIG FINALE. The ones leading up can hold just clues, or also include small gifts or sweet thoughts/memories.
I’m considering doing random ‘memories of us’ notes in the extra envelopes I have and bring them out at unexpected times of the year for the special surprise for hubby. Maybe include photos of us and/or the memories the note is about. That’d be a good way to make your significant other feel loved all throughout the year, not just on holidays!
Now that I’m thinking of more ideas for these envelopes, I think they’d also work as class Valentines – have your child decorate each envelope as they want, then stick a gift (nothing bulky or too big, but like an eraser, sticker, even Pokemon card or something) inside. Cute and original!
What are you getting YOUR special someone for Valentine’s Day?
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Comfy & Cute Styles from NYFifth - October 9, 2019
- Harry Potter Christmas 2019: Universal’s Wizarding World Celebration - September 18, 2019
- Disney Character Meet & Greets You May Not Know About - September 16, 2019