I’ve been craving BBQ lately. Not sure why; perhaps it’s my refusal to accept that summer’s almost over. Or maybe I’ve just been needing some tangy deliciousness. Regardless the reason, yesterday I finally gave in and tweaked our planned meal into this amazing BBQ Chicken Pasta!
We’re definite pasta-lovers in our house, especially penne pasta, and adding my Tangy BBQ Sauce just completed our dish perfectly! For some healthy protein I included some chicken, then you just toss on some Parmesan cheese and green onions, you’ll be licking your fork clean! I even made it look super-pretty to give my Hubby a tasty and attractive dinner to come home to!
See, it’s so pretty to serve up! For my semi-picky kiddos, I left out the green onions to avoid the complaining. For me, I added EXTRA Parmesan. Super easy to switch it up to fit everyone’s tastes!
- BBQ Sauce of Choice (I used this Tangy BBQ Sauce)
- 1 box Penne Pasta (I use whole wheat)
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, fully cooked and shredded
- 1/4 cup Green Onions
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 – 1 cup Bacon Bits
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Put on plate and top with the warmed shredded chicken.
- Pour BBQ Sauce over top, then sprinkle with the green onions, Parmesan cheese and bacon bits.
- Serve it all pretty, or mix it in. Enjoy the flavorful tangy-ness!
Notes: You can also switch it up a bit and add things such as olives, tomatoes, diced onions, even a touch of cream cheese for a little switch in flavoring!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…