I’m really in love with the fall season – the coloring of the leaves (although they were prettier in Utah than here in Texas), the cooler weather, and the SMELLS. There’s apple pie, cinnamon and pumpkin that I think of most when I think of fall. Now I can enjoy the fresh smell of pumpkin during a nice, relaxing bath with these easy DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Bath Bombs!
Contains affiliate links that help support this blog at no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure for more info.
These pumpkin bath bombs would also work great as a gift – put them in a cute container, or wrap in a little cellophane with a ribbon and it’s the perfect fall scent for a thoughtful present to a neighbor or friend!
Yields: 1 dozen
- Silicone mini muffin mold
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6-8 drops pumpkin flavoring or fragrance oil
- 3-4 drops peach or orange soap colorant
- Preheat oven to 180°. Add the baking soda, citric acid and coconut oil in a glass or metal mixing bowl. (If your coconut oil is in solid form, melt it in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds before ahead of time). Mix well.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin flavoring/fragrance and soap colorant. Stir until all of the ingredients are incorporated. The consistency will look and feel like wet sand.
- Transfer the mixture into each silicone cup mold, filling up to the top.
- Place the silicone mold on a baking pan and place in oven. Turn OFF the oven and leave the pan in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove pan from oven and allow the bath bombs to air dry for 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer to a mason jar or your favorite glass container for storage.
- Drop 1-2 bath bombs into your next bath and enjoy the warm scent of pumpkin pie!!
See, they’re super easy to make – they just take a bit of time. You can even buy some fun-shaped molds so they’d be in cool shapes.
I think I want to switch out the pumpkin scent with some apple pie scent to try to make some apple pie bath bombs next – may as well, while we’re enjoying all that has to do with fall!