Hi there! Kathleen here from Fearlessly Creative Mammas. Summer is almost over, which means the holidays will be fast approaching. Do you enjoy the holidays? Do you make a lot of big meals or go to a lot of pot lucks? If so, I have a dish that you can make over and over again and your friends and family will never get sick of it. My kids and grandkids really love it! It’s a salad of sort, but not your typical salad. It is called Cookie Salad, so you can tell by the title that it is not typical. It is unbelieveably good though. Believe me.
I was first introduced to the recipe a lot of years ago at a church function of some sort or another. The dish was made by a lovely lady and she kindly gave me the recipe. It calls for Cool Whip, but I found this other stuff next to the Cool Whip called TruWhip and it is all natural, non-GMO and gluten-free, so I thought I would try it out. It was quite good, so it’s another option.
I made this the other day for a dinner I was having and my grandkids where over. They asked what it was and I told them Cookie Salad and they thought it was so funny that it was called Cookie Salad. They said cookies don’t go in salads. When they tried it, they were pleasantly surprised by how much they loved it and they asked if they could take some home with them. Of course I said yes.
I hope that you will make it and love it so much that you make it over and over again!
- 1 small box of Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 12 oz. Cool Whip
- 20 oz. pineapple chunks drained
- 2 14 oz. cans Mandarine oranges drained
- 2 cups of seedless red grapes
- 1 package of shortbread cookies crumbled
- In a medium bow, mix pudding and buttermilk well.
- Add in Cool Whip and mix well.
- Add the fruit and cookies.
- Mix well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kathleen Clegg (see all)
- Italian Parmesan Roasted Carrots - February 4, 2023
- Pie Crust Cookies - November 23, 2016
- Fabric Scrap Bookmarks - May 6, 2016