Delicious & Easy Cornmeal Sugar Cookies
I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #PANfan
I love a good sugar cookie recipe – but hate when it takes forever to whip up! Luckily I found a new spin on them by making them with cornmeal – they turned out amazingly moist, flaky and addictive. Give these Delicious & Easy Cornmeal Sugar Cookies a try!
I know what you’re thinking – cornmeal in cookies? I was a bit hesitant at first, too – but I’ve been learning there’s all TYPES of recipes you can use cornmeal in to add just a bit more.
Note: this makes a smaller batch – about 16 or so regular sized cookies
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 stick Butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup P.A.N. Cornmeal (plus some for rolling)
- In a bowl, cream the sugar and butter. Add in the salt, lime juice egg and vanilla until creamy. Slowly mix in the flour and cornmeal.
- Spread some cornmeal over a sheet of plastic wrap and use it to roll up your dough. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F. Spray or line a baking sheet, set aside.
- Roll our your cookie dough and cut out your desired shapes. Place on your prepared sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are slightly brown.
- Allow to cool and enjoy frosted or plain!
So why should we use cornmeal in more of our everyday cooking? Its rich nutrients and versatility makes it a staple in countries all over the globe. P.A.N. Cornmeal itself has been around for years, but just recently been making its way into USA kitchen, after being the number one in South America. If it’s that popular around the world, perhaps we’re missing something?
Check out the P.A.N. Tumblr page for more recipe inspiration that uses cornmeal and tell me which one you’re most eager to try!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Natural Laxatives for Kids: Gentle Constipation Relief - August 31, 2023
- Boost Milk Supply with Tasty Lactation Smoothie Recipes - August 24, 2023
- The Top 5 Foods to Eat While Breastfeeding - August 23, 2023