Hello, and Happy Holidays! This is Stephanie from Steph in Thyme, and today I’m sharing a classic Christmas cookie recipe my family has been baking since I can remember…but modified gluten-free.
This recipe is barely adapted from the Super Spritz Cookie recipe that came with my mom’s Super Spritz electronic cookie press she’s had as long as I can remember (we’re talking 20+ years).
Simple, buttery sugar cookies pressed into a flower design, the centers filled with raspberry jam (with the seeds!). Such a lovely and festive addition to a holiday cookie tray or gift plate. My sisters and I had the job of carefully placing a bit of jam in the center of each cookie, cautious not to overfill as the jam will spill over and fill the cracks of the petals.
My sisters and I had the job of carefully placing a bit of jam in the center of each cookie, cautious not to overfill as the jam will spill over and fill the cracks of the petals.
In place of regular flour, I used King Arthur’s Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour. Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour is another great gluten-free baking mix. When I use these gluten-free flour mixes in my Christmas cookies, I can’t notice the difference.
I used a cookie press by OXO Good Grips to create the little flower designs. Simple to assemble, use, and clean. A great find at Bed Bath & Beyond.
These gluten-free Christmas sugar cookies are a fun wintery activity with kids. Have fun, and Happy Holidays!
Gluten-Free Sugar Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract or vanilla bean paste, if you have it
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups gluten-free baking flour I prefer King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi Purpose Flour or Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cream the butter with an electric stand mixer or hand mixer. Add the sugar a little bit at a time as you continue to run the mixer, beating until creamed, fluffy, and light.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time, followed by the vanilla and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Add the flour 1/3 at a time, mixing well in between until a stiff dough forms.
- Assemble and fill the cookie press. Press floral design cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Using a chopstick or something similar, create a small hole in the center of each cookie. Fill the hole with about 1/8 tsp raspberry jam.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until very lightly golden brown. They overbake and turn brown quickly, so keep a close eye at the 7 minute mark!
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…