I'm sure y'all have heard how breakfast is one of the most challenging meals of…
Hello, and Happy Friday! This is Stephanie from Steph in Thyme, and today I’m sharing a recipe for a healthy – yet protein packed – breakfast. Bursting with blueberries, this Blueberry Chia Breakfast Pudding is thick and hearty, yet light and refreshing for a summer morning.
If you’ve never experienced chia pudding before, I have the weekend activity for you. Chia Seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet, packed with fiber, protein, and Omega-3 fatty acids. While chia seeds are flavorless, it’s the texture that takes some getting used to. These teeny tiny little seeds expand and swell when placed in liquid, soaking up to twelve times their dry weight. They transform into little gel-like globules, which makes consumption a bit of a slippery endeavor.
I’ll admit, chia pudding took some getting used to because of its flubber-like consistency. Now that I’ve accepted how chia pudding feels on my tongue, I can’t get enough. I’ve made a Papaya Coconut Chia Pudding and eaten it for both breakfast and dessert on the same day. This version embraces summer blueberries, ripe and plump, for a colorful and healthy start to the day.
The pudding itself is very easy and quick to put together. Simply purée almond milk, blueberries, and agave in a blender and combine with a quarter cup of chia seeds – a little bit goes a long way! You can chill the chia pudding overnight and eat it first thing in the morning, or allow it to chill the day of for 2 to 4 hours. If you don’t want to use almond milk, you can use cashew milk, soy milk, or coconut milk instead.
Once the chia pudding has chilled and thickened, divide it into bowls and top with your favorite granola and additional blueberries. While thick, the pudding is also light and refreshing – the perfect way to start the day in summer.
I would love to hear from you. Are you a chia pudding fan? What’s your favorite way to prepare it? If you try chia pudding for the first time, let me know what you think!
Healthy Blueberry Chia Breakfast Pudding
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup + 1/2 cup ripe blueberries, divided
- 1 tbsp agave or other natural sweetener
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Favorite granola or dry cereal for garnish
- In a blender, combine almond milk, 3/4 cup blueberries, and agave. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the contents of the blender into a medium bowl. Add the chia seeds and stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours, stirring occasionally to break up any chia clumps that may have formed. Pudding is ready when it has thickened, the chia seeds softened.
- Divide the pudding into 2 bowls, for larger servings, or 4 bowls, for smaller servings. Top with additional 1/2 cup blueberries and granola, if desired. Serve immediately.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…