Peanut butter and chocolate? Best combination ever! I love peanut butter and who doesn’t love chocolate. Well if you are like me then these Homemade Snickers are for you. These are simple to make and taste even better than the store bought.
This recipe isn’t very hard just mainly waiting for layers to chill in the refrigerator. The recipe makes a whole 9 x 13” pan of delicious, wonderful, and completely your own Homemade Snickers bars. Try freezing them to make a nice frozen treat, and it makes it last longer because you can’t devour it down in one bite. Like white chocolate instead of milk? Just substitute white almond bark and white chocolate chips instead of milk and you can have your own unique Homemade Snickers bar.
- 8 squares almond bark (about 2 cups if you’re using candy wafers) divided
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 ½ cup marshmallow crème
- 1 ½ cup salted dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 16 oz caramels
- Line a 9 x 13” pan with aluminum foil so you can easily lift the bars out of the pan when finished. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt together 4 squares of almond bark (1 cup wafers), ¼ cup chocolate chips, and ¼ cup peanut butter in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Spread evenly over the bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate until chocolate is hard.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar and ¼ cup evaporated milk until dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in marshmallow crème and ¼ cup peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in chopped peanuts and vanilla until well mixed. Spread evenly over chilled chocolate. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat caramels and remaining ¼ cup evaporated milk until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally. Spread evenly over chilled nougat. Refrigerate until chilled.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt together remaining 4 squares almond bar (1 cup wafers), ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup peanut butter in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Spread evenly over chilled caramel. Refrigerate for an hour. Remove candy from pan by lifting foil then cut into bars. If you want you can melt some additional chocolate and dip sides of the bars in so it’s completely covered with chocolate.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…