I don’t like seafood. Now don’t think I’m one of those ‘refuse to try it’ type people, because I do always try whatever seafood dish or sushi Hubby makes or orders, I just never like it…and usually gag. So when Hubby got some halibut out of the freezer the other day, I was worried that another ‘ewww’ taste was coming. When he cooked up his new favorite Blue Crusted Halibut recipe, though, I was so excited that I actually liked it! Not love, but hey, I could eat it!
I’ve always WISHED I liked seafood. It’s healthy, plus it’s a bit awkward when we go to a nice place and the waiter looks at me weird when I say I don’t like fish. I swear I’m not the only one! Anywho, this Halibut is truly amazing for fish-lovers (according to Hubby and Cat Woman), and even for us non-fish people, it’s totally mild and edible!
- 2 cups Blue Corn Tortilla Chips, lightly crushed, plus a bit for topping if desired
- 2 tbsp. & 3 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 4 tbsp. Cilantro
- 3 Large Eggs
- 3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. Salt
- 3 tsp. Black Pepper
- 3 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/8-1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Blend 2 cups tortilla chips (lightly crushed) with 2 tbsp. lime juice, and cilantro. Put in a shallow bowl or container to use for battering, set aside.
- Whip the eggs in a bowl for dipping. In a separate dipping bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a little bowl mix the remaining 3 tbsp. lime juice and olive oil.
- Take your halibut and dip both sides in the flour mixture. Then the egg mixture. Place in a lightly oiled skillet over medium heat. Pour the rest of the egg mixture over the top. Allow to cook until the egg on the bottom is stiff, then flip until the other side is also stiff. Remove from skillet, baste both sides with the lime/olive oil mixture, then dip both sides in the tortilla mixture.
- Place in a sprayed pan and cook in oven until light and flaky. Between 8-20 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…