Who else loves a homemade pizza? We sure do, and usually have a family pizza night at least once or twice a month! Instead of doing the same recipe every time, though, we like to try new flavor combinations. This week we tried one of my favorite classic flavorings…Caprese…in pizza form and It. Was. Amazing! So check out our Caprese Pizza to decide for yourself!
I’ve tried other things as ‘Caprese’ flavorings, like my want-it-all-the-time Caprese Salad, or even our Caprese Lasagna…yumm-o! This pizza is no exception to the deliciousness, and I absolutely LOVE how simple it is to make, plus how budget-friendly it is. Bonus!
- Pizza Dough (recipe here)
- Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Fresh or Ground Basil
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 Degrees F. Prepare a pizza pan (either spray, or with corn meal, etc.) and set aside.
- Roll your pizza dough and place on your prepared pan. Brush all the edges with olive oil, to prevent burning. Spread some marinara sauce to within 1/2 – 1 inch of the edge. Top with a sprinkling of cheese. Spread the tomato slices in one nice layer all over the pizza. Top with more shredded cheese, then sprinkle basil on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until dough is cooked through. Allow to cool a bit, then slice and serve!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…